When I walked into Hooters Casino Hotel in Las Vegas, all I could say was "wow." It seemed like mankind's greatest invention: Titular entertainment at a "breasteraunt" supplemented by table games.
But somehow, Hooters fell flat.
The casino is now in a Silicon valley-sized hole, in debt to the tune of $162 million and filing for bankruptcy protection earlier this month. How did this happen?
The five best reasons we can see:
1) The corporate structure is top heavy.
2) Hooters is hot shit in the Midwest, just shitty in Vegas.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3) An A in math is awesome, for a Hooters bra size, not so much.
4) Bunch of boobs in management.
5) Vegas just didn't give a hoot.