Talk-show blather king Rush Limbaugh didn't exactly make a splash as a Monday Night Football commentator (except with people who think Donovan McNabb gets overpraised because he's African-American). But he could get another shot at the NFL soon -- as the owner of the St. Louis Rams. And depending upon how the deal goes down, he could be partners with none other than Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche owner Stan Kroenke.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Limbaugh and St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts are reportedly planning a bid for the Rams, whose 60 percent majority share is owned by the family of the late Georgia Frontiere. Neither Limbaugh nor Checketts are talking details, but if they only purchase the Frontiere clan's stake (which seems likely), they'll be working alongside Kroenke, who owns the other 40 percent of the franchise. For Stan the Man, the Rush could be on.