Colorful characters from Denver’s past are rumored to have bellied up to the bar at Charlie Brown’s, which has been open since Prohibition ended. A sprawling spot filled with a variety of Capitol Hill characters and the music of nightly piano sing-alongs, it lives up to its slogan: “Something for every-one.” Couples, friends, tourists, young professionals, senior citizens, college kids and even celebrities enjoy the stiff drinks, huge food menu, enclosed smoking patio, free happy-hour wings on Fridays, and free drinks for revelers celebrating their birthdays. Here’s hoping the drinks will flow long into the future at this Denver landmark.
- Price: $$, $$$, $$$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4 p.m.-1 a.m.; Friday-Sunday 11 a.m.-1 a.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats