Colorful characters from Denver’s past are rumored to have bellied up to the bar at Charlie Brown’s, which has been open since Prohibition ended. A sprawling spot filled with the music of nightly piano sing-alongs, it lives up to its slogan: “Something for everyone.” Couples, friends, tourists, young professionals, senior citizens, college kids and even celebrities enjoy the stiff drinks, huge food menu, enclosed smoking patio and free drinks for revelers celebrating their birthdays. Here’s hoping the drinks will flow long into the future at this Denver landmark.
- Price: $$, $$$, $$$$
- Hours: Monday-Friday 4 p.m.-2 a.m.; Saturday & Sunday 11 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats