Citizen Rail has proven that inventive, chef-driven fare can work in a hotel setting— in this case, at the Kimpton Hotel Born near Union Station. The kitchen focuses on artisan food production, with dry-aged steaks (some aged for up to a year) and handmade bread and pasta. The heart of the restaurant is an open kitchen with several wood-burning grills, where everything — from those flavor-packed steaks to cocktail garnishes — is kissed with flame and smoke.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 7-10 a.m., 4-9 p.m.
Friday 7-10 a.m., 4-10 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-10 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Parking: Garage available, Metered, On-street, Valet
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Use restaurant website to order/pay