The concept for Alex Seidel’s second restaurant was as grand and ambitious as that of Union Station itself, where Mercantile launched in the summer of 2014. The refurbished train station showed off vaulted ceilings, gleaming marble, dark woods and a variety of new bars and restaurants that fit nearly every traveler’s needs. Likewise, Mercantile offered something from morning to night, whether they had a pocketful of change or a lavish expense account: a cup of coffee and a croissant for breakfast, some deli meats and cheeses (oh, and throw in a jar of housemade pickles!) for a picnic lunch, or an elegant dinner for an evening of refinement and exquisite service. Even as the restaurant offerings in and around the station continue to grow, Mercantile hasn’t lost its luster.
- Price: $$$, $$$$
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 5-9 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Garage available, Metered
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay