The concept for Alex Seidel’s second restaurant was as grand and ambitious as that of Union Station itself, where Mercantile launched in the summer of 2014. The refurbished train station showed off vaulted ceilings, gleaming marble, dark woods and a variety of new bars and restaurants that fit nearly every traveler’s needs. Likewise, Mercantile offered something from morning to night, from a cup of coffee and a croissant for breakfast to an elegant dinner for an evening of refinement and exquisite service. Even as the food and drink offerings in and around the station continue to grow, Mercantile hasn’t lost its luster.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 5-9 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 3-10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-2 p.m., 5-10 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Garage available, Metered
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay