The original Parisi Italian Market & Deli opened in 1998, in what's now the home of Cafe Brazil, and proved so popular that it soon moved to a bigger space on Tennyson Street. The restaurant changed more than locations, though: Over the years, Simone and Christine Parisi shifted emphasis from a market that had prepared foods to more of a sit-down eatery. But one thing remained a constant: Simone wanted to serve the best authentic Italian fare possible, based on places he'd frequented growing up in Florence, including mozzarella made in-house, homemade tagliatelle and tagliolini pasta, and almost twenty varieties of panini. And now he has the perfect setting for that fare: In early 2013, Parisi unveiled a completely redone space that's a full-fledged restaurant, including younger sibling Firenze a Tavola downstairs. "It's the third generation of Parisi, and every five years or so, it's important to update it," Simone explained. "The best part about this space is that it's so open, and I can see every single face that's sitting down, and that's a very cool thing." Not surprisingly, there are plenty of regulars fighting for those seats — and Simone's incomparable cooking.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sunday 12-8 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Meal kits for home preparation
- Use restaurant website to order/pay