Stowaway owes more to the cafe culture of Australia and New Zealand than to the idea of the traditional American coffee shop. Instead of mismatched mugs of coffee, the occasional pastry or cookie and decor dominated by comfy, run-down couches, this space is sleek and clean, with tropical plants adding a touch of the exotic to the atmosphere; it also boasts an internationally inspired menu unique to Denver in both concept and execution. Chef/co-owner Amy Cohen describes herself as an amateur cook, but there's nothing unsophisticated about her creations: smoky, garlicky trout topped with two perfectly poached eggs and dukkah spice blend, for example. In early 2018, the eatery expanded to include dinner service on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Paired with the craft coffee on tap — there's a new guest roaster each month — a trip to Stowaway is one you'll never want to return from.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Thursday-Monday 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted, Recommended
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay