There's no place quite like Whittier Cafe, whose eclectic calendar features such community events as weekly Ethiopian coffee ceremonies. An expansive lineup of fresh-roasted coffees, along with teas, ice cream and sandwich options, comes out of the small but mighty kitchen at this neighborhood hangout. More than a coffee shop, Whittier Cafe is a true gathering place, hosting chili cook-offs, art shows, fresh-baked-cookie exchanges and story hours throughout the year. While the space inside is quaint and inviting, it's the outdoor experience that really takes the cake: Whittier's massive patio offers plenty of room for all to enjoy Colorado's famous sunny days.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: On-street
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay