The restaurant built into the transformed Hose Company No. 1 building downtown got off to a rocky start in late spring, parting ways with its opening chef and going into an extended soft-opening mode until a replacement could take over. But Franco Ruiz is no second-stringer; he came to the restaurant after six years at Fruition, where he had built up an understanding of Colorado's small farms and ranches — and a Rolodex to go with it. Ruiz turned things around with a menu of regional American dishes with a little Mediterranean flair, all highlighted with seasonal produce and top-quality meats. The gorgeous space, with its vaulted glass ceiling and retro-chic decor, now has beautiful food to match.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4-10 p.m.; Friday 4-11 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 4-11 p.m.;
Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 4-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Garage available, Metered
- Use restaurant website to order/pay