Cooking with cannabis adds more "BAM!" than anything Emeril Lagasse ever put in a dish, but how about creating something that doesn't require any cooking at all?
These vegan cannabliss balls, whipped up by Westword and Tia Mattson in her Denver kitchen, only require a food processor and refrigerator to make, and they're a tastier option than that fruitcake collecting dust on your kitchen counter.
Mattson used an eighth of Blue Dream cannabis from Willie's Reserve and her LEVO automatic infusion machine to infuse coconut oil for this batch, but you can always substitute your own stash, cooking oil and infusion methods to make this at home.
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened apricots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup fine desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons melted canna-coconut oil
- Blitz almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend into a chunky paste.
- Rub hands with cold water. Form the mixture into 24 balls.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy as needed.