Ask a Stoner: How Do I Learn About Medical Marijuana?

Ask a Stoner: How Do I Learn About Medical Marijuana?
Dear Stoner: Multiple people have recommended medical marijuana for my severe leg pain, but I don’t know where to go, what to ask, the proper terminology and so on. Any suggestions? I live in Northglenn.

Dear Nunya: Once you’re ready to leave your inhibitions about cannabis at the door, set an appointment with a medical marijuana physician (or any physician who’s cool with the plant) and be honest about your pain and current treatment during your evaluation. As much as I love weed, a doctor is far more qualified to recommend the products and dosage that are best for you. Do your research first to make sure you’re getting someone ethical, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
click to enlarge SCOTT LENTZ
Scott Lentz
Northglenn has a handful of dispensaries, both medical and recreational, that should suit your needs, and there are pot shops in Federal Heights and Thornton, as well. Leg pain usually calls for a mixture of topicals and ingestibles, such as tinctures, pills or edibles, for longer-lasting relief. But smoking and vaporizing may be recommended for more immediate relief. It can take weeks or months to figure out a regimen that works for you, but don’t give up if you’re seeing benefits!

Send questions to [email protected]
KEEP WESTWORD FREE... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we'd like to keep it that way. With local media under siege, it's more important than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" program, allowing us to keep offering readers access to our incisive coverage of local news, food and culture with no paywalls.
Herbert Fuego is the resident stoner at Westword, ready to answer all your marijuana questions.
Contact: Herbert Fuego