What better time to dance the night away than New Year's Eve? We've curated the ten best electronic-music events for your dance-floor pleasure; keep reading to check out our picks.
10. City Hall: Slick Rick, Too $hort and Kraddy You might not think that Slick Rick or Too $hort count as electronic-music artists, per se, but you can't argue with Kraddy; the former Glitch Mob member is a glitch-hop artist extraordinare, and J. Wail, Project Aspect, Kruzakid and Aphonix will support him on stage. Tickets start at $35; visit www.coclubs.com/show/detail/53348.
9. Vinyl: Space Cowboy Perhaps best known as Lady Gaga's producer, Space Cowboy will be rocking the main floor of Vinyl on New Year's Eve; there will also be tunes by Kon-flikt and Phabric8 spinning electro house, so come get your freak on! Tickets are $20 pre-sale and $40 at the door; call 303-860-8469 or visit www.coclubs.com/show/detail/53344.
8. City Hall: Ladytron Yes, City Hall makes our list twice, because it's got two different lineups going on in that huge space! Reuben Wu of Ladytron will play a special DJ set at City Hall with boyhollow, London Dungeon, Shannon Von Kelly and more artists to be announced; this is the place to be to get your indie/electro/'80s/house/rock/soul fix on New Year's Eve, without a doubt. The eighteen-and-up show starts at $20; visit www.coclubs.com/show/detail/53160.
7. Bar Standard: DJ Heather This party features an electro room, but if your thing is Chicago house, you won't find a better place to be to ring in 2012. DJ Heather will spin her blissful tunes with support from Uriah West (who totally rocked it out last New Year's Eve, you might recall), Steve Synfull, EMP Audio, Addikt and many more. Admission to this 21-and-up bash is a mere $15; visit www.coclubs.com/show/detail/53502 or call 303-832-8628.
Resale Concert Tickets
6. Diamond After Dark: This is How We Bass We gave the Diamond After Dark props for its Big Top New Year's Eve blowout in our cheap events list and our best nightlife events list -- and included in that $15 price tag is the This is How We Bass show, with Exzact, Jimi the Genius, X-Static, DJ Wreck, J-Double, D.O.H., Dave Parrish, JR10, Just Al, Drastk and Teknikol. Tits and bass -- what else could you ask for on New Year's? You have to be eighteen or older to enter (and 21-and-ups get a break on price, too, gaining entry for just $10). Visit www.vcgh.com/site/clubs/default.aspx.
5. Beta Beta's not raising prices for its New Year's Eve show, so you'll get access to that state-of-the-art sound system for just $10, as usual. On the main floor, Dragon, Cognition + T-Rav and other regulars will hold down the decks; in the Beatport Lounge, H-Foundation, Bones, Jimmy Maheras, Ben A and Nathan Brown are scheduled to spin. Call 303-383-1909 or visit www.betanightclub.com.
4. CrowdPleaser & Whomp Truck: High Resolution Whomp Truck and CrowdPleaser have been bringing the beats to dubstep and dance-music fiends across the city; for New Year's, they're teaming up and offering tunes from Rene Walther, Angel Castro, Brick Lee, Mikrobot, Deciprocal, Tess, Fisk, Just Ben, Noah Deep, Citrus, Coult 45 and Alert -- and special guests. Admission is $20, and the event is 21-and-up; the venue information will be released the day of the event. Visit www.facebook.com/whomptruck for information.
3. A Very CMKY NYE Communikey had a huge year, what with its third festival and all, and this New Year's Eve, the annual music extravaganza is giving you a taste of what's to come. Montreal's Vincent Lemieux is headlining, along with local favorites Ivy, Patty Hertz, Ejay & Khalib, Tony Z, Time for Trees, Papyrus, Brandon Brown, JL Kane and Steofan. This 21-and-up event is a two-venue party (Shine and the Shack in Boulder) and priced at a reasonable $25. Visit http://communikey.us.
2. AAMP and Roots/Encore The underground electronic-music scene brought some amazing acts to Denver in 2011, and AAMP (Afterhours Anonymous/Mahesh Presents) was on the forefront. For New Year's, the outfit is teaming up with Roots to bring Derek Plaslaiko, H-Foundation, Jimmy Maheras and Aaron Clark to its bash for the very best in underground techno and house. Tickets are just $25, and this 21+ event requires you to RSVP to AADenver2011@gmail.com; venue information will be released closer to the day of the show.
1. Decadence For sheer size and volume, you can't beat the Triad Dragons' annual bash. This year, it's limited to attendees eighteen and older, and it'll be taking over the Colorado Convention Center; Flux Pavilion, Bad Boy Bill, Dieselboy and more are on the lineup, with two different stages (one dance-centric, one bass-heavy) and a VIP option that gets you access to private decks overlooking the dance floor and a separate entrance for expedited partying. Tickets run $70 to $200; visit http://decadenceNYE.com.
More New Year's Eve lists
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- New Year's Eve: Mountain celebrations - New Year's Eve: family-friendly events - New Year's Eve: comedy events - New Year's Eve: nightlife events - New Year's Eve: food and drink events - New Year's Eve: free events - New Year's Eve: cheap events - New Year's Eve: upscale events