Denver has beenthreatened with doom
many times -- when the transcontinental railroad threatened to skip the infant city, when numerous booms went bust, when the Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons plant caught fire. Although the homegrownPeaceJam has debunked the latest doomsday scenario
-- that the Mayan calendar predicts the world will end on December 21, 2012 -- we figured it was better to be safe than sorry. So we asked Denver mayor Michael Hancock for his can't-miss activities in this city....before it gets wiped off the map.
Here's Michael Hancock's bucket list for 2012.
Mayor Michael Hancock's Bucket List 1. Skydive into our newly named Sports Authority Field at Mile High for a Broncos home game.
2. Throw the first pitch at the Rockies opening day on April 9 and watch the game from a Mile High seat.
3. Sample every booth at A Taste of Colorado in downtown Denver and try every brew at the Denver Beer Fe...no, wait.
4. Call a play for Tim Tebow. Then "Tebow" with Tebow when he completes the play.
5. Ride the test train for FasTracks' West Rail Line.
Hancock Staff's Bucket List
6. Feed the elephants at the new Asian Tropics exhibit at the Denver Zoo. -- David Edinger, Chief Performance Officer
7. Attend the first Winter on the Rocks at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on January 27. - Doug Friednash, City Attorney
8. Complete the Tour de B-cycle and win that coveted T-shirt on opening day, March 12. - Monica Lang, Senior Advisor
9. Visit the new 200,000-square-foot History Colorado Center and see the 40-by-60-foot terrazzo tile map of Colorado on April 28. -- Janice Sinden, Chief of Staff
10. Take a direct flight from Denver to Reykjavik on Icelandair. - Evan Dreyer, Deputy Chief of Staff
11. Cut the ribbon for the Washington Park Boathouse. - Diane Barrett, Chief Projects Officer
12. Sing the national anthem at the NCAA 2012 Women's Final Four tournament at the Pepsi Center. - Wil Alston, Communications Director
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
13. Ride in the pace car for the second annual USA Pro Cycling Challenge. - Paul Ryan, Director of Regional Affairs
14. See the Yves St. Laurent: The Retrospective exhibition at the only United States venue, the Denver Art Museum. - Skye Stuart, Legislative Director
15. Walk the red carpet at the 35th Annual StarzDenver Film Festival at the Denver Performing Arts Center. - Stephanie O'Malley, Deputy Chief of Staff
See the slide show of Mayor Michael Hancock's Denver Bucket List here.