Last week, we responded to a regent's call for more conservative faculty members at CU-Boulder with a list of ten Westword-approved conservative classes, including courses to debunk global warming and learn how to fire Ward Churchill. A conservative reader responded with his own roster of classes that he feels would do liberals some good.
I'm going to introduce a liberal class to CU with the curricula to include:
1. How to ruin the country in 8 short years.
2. Social Democracy -- let's get everyone on the dole.
3. Liberal's failure in talk radio. Even liberals can't stand to listen to themselves whine.
4. Streisand, Cher and the geniuses of Hollywood.
5. Penn, Glover and the communists of Hollywood.
6. Let's vote ourselves more freebies.
7. How to be even more politically correct.
8. Are liberals really self-absorbed, self-righteous, arrogant elitists?
9. The politics of envy.
10. Is it really possible to be worse than Jimmy Carter.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
For more memorable takes, visit our Comment of the Day archive.