I am the blog of hellfire!
Today in Cafe Society:
• Michel Wahaltere moving on.
• French twist: La Fondue now Le Chateau.
• French twist redux: A Cote to expand its hours.
• Lakeside Waffles opens up next to the Oriental.
• Veggie Girl: Taki's.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Fucked Up's Damian Abraham.
• Born in the Flood announce mountain mini-tour.
• Bottesini Project to set up shop in San Francisco for the night
• Flier of the week: Fell at Herman's Hideaway
• Neil Young kicks the year off with a hilarious single
Today in The Latest Word:
• Bingo Barn in Northglenn goes into foreclosure.
• Another day, another frustrating Nuggets win.
• Face the State's Brad Jones wants you to report the news.
• Circuit Media's Don Knox sees capitol press room as ethical conflict.
• Did Barack Obama hyptonize the nation during his Denver acceptance speech? Take... me... to... your... leader...
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.