Big Hoss Bar-B-Q , at 3961 Tennyson Street, has been hot since it first opened back in December 2006, and earned raves from Jason Sheehan a year later. But this is ridiculous:
After a cook left the smoker open on Saturday, the Big Hoss kitchen caught fire -- and the restaurant had to shut down this weekend.There was no damage to the dining room, though, and owner Hoss Orwat promises to open back up by July 6.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Q Worldly Barbecue at 2817 East Third Avenue, which recently got its own rave from Sheehan, experienced another unnatural disaster: A sprinkler malfunctioned on Thursday, flooding the restaurant. It's currently closed for repairs, but hopes to reopen by July 3.