If you haven't heard about NYC restaurant owner Vadim Ponorovsky and his epic acts of douchebaggery, get ready for a story that plays out like a white trash reality soap opera.
Podorovsky, who owns a restaurant called Paradou, told his waitstaff to start collecting e-mail addresses from the guests in a botched attempt to spam them with restaurant crap. When they failed to meet his requests, he sent out an email to the staff, in which he dropped the f-bomb nine times, while calling them "lazy disrespectful assholes," "fucking lazy motherfuckers" and "fucking children." Nice work, Stalin.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- "And you know, calling your waitstaff 'scumbags' happens every day in a restaurant. It doesn't just show up in emails."
- "If you talked to anyone who ever worked for me, I could say without any sense of self-aggrandizement that they'd say I was the best boss they've worked for."
- It was "a restauranteur's version of Ginsberg's 'Howl'--like 'Jesus, Christ, how many times do I have to do this shit?'"
- "The profanity is a part of how I speak, I view curse words as basically emphasis adjectives."
- "If anyone on my staff feels that they need [the media] to defend them, they've chosen poor champions. Now please kindly go fuck yourselves."
- "Any time, any place, these fucks, if they want to send me an e-mail, I will crack every one of their fucking heads and make the streets run with blood. I will not have my family threatened by anyone. I will fucking slaughter all of these people and dance on their heads."