If you haven't heard about NYC restaurant owner Vadim Ponorovsky and his epic acts of douchebaggery, get ready for a story that plays out like a white trash reality soap opera.
Podorovsky, who owns a restaurant called Paradou, told his waitstaff to start collecting e-mail addresses from the guests in a botched attempt to spam them with restaurant crap. When they failed to meet his requests, he sent out an email to the staff, in which he dropped the f-bomb nine times, while calling them "lazy disrespectful assholes," "fucking lazy motherfuckers" and "fucking children." Nice work, Stalin.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "And you know, calling your waitstaff 'scumbags' happens every day in a restaurant. It doesn't just show up in emails."
- "If you talked to anyone who ever worked for me, I could say without any sense of self-aggrandizement that they'd say I was the best boss they've worked for."
- It was "a restauranteur's version of Ginsberg's 'Howl'--like 'Jesus, Christ, how many times do I have to do this shit?'"
- "The profanity is a part of how I speak, I view curse words as basically emphasis adjectives."
- "If anyone on my staff feels that they need [the media] to defend them, they've chosen poor champions. Now please kindly go fuck yourselves."
- "Any time, any place, these fucks, if they want to send me an e-mail, I will crack every one of their fucking heads and make the streets run with blood. I will not have my family threatened by anyone. I will fucking slaughter all of these people and dance on their heads."