The Great American Beer Festival is a mecca for beer afficianados--but curiously, it seems to be home to something else, as well: The Great American Beard. Continue reading for photos of our favorite chin-growers from the three-day booze-a-palooza.
15. The Pennsylvania (above) Karl Stephenson Denver This beard is in the style of someone who could comfortably drive a buggy through the countryside of Pennsylvania -- and we like it.
14. The Rip Van Winkle Jim Gar Denver A nostalgic classic steeped in the history of folklore.
13. Patch Adams Casey Berry Denver A patchy, casual, just-rolled-out-of-bed-looking-this-way beard.
12. The All-Inclusive Kory Miller Evansville, IL The beard that includes an equally impressive mustache.
11. The Thoreau Clay Robinson Indianapolis, IN The beard that has been living in solitude.
10. The Pull-It-Together Josh Rumsey Los Angeles, CA He might get wild on the weekends, but he always keeps it serious up top.
9. The Pioneer Buz Wright Northglenn The mustache here is so long that it's almost a beard.
8. The Woodsman Trout Hansen Laramie, WY The beard that's as comfortable roaming the woods as it is traveling with a Viking clan.
7. The Keepin'-It-Tight Chris Goulet Charlotte, NC The beard that screams cleaned-up professionalism.
6. The Almost-Empty, But Trying Dan Juchartz Denver The beard that's confident it will start filling in someday.
5. The Heavy Metal Nick Nunns Westford, MA The beard that owns a heavy-metal brewery (really!)
4. The Natural Justin Tilotta Boulder CO This beard isn't trying to be anything it's not.
3. The Sasquatch Anonymous Salt Lake City, UT Because this is the beard of myths.
2. The Extended Sideburn Steve Vellinga Clearfield, UT The sideburns do all of the work for this beard.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. Gingerdamus Dustin Boyd and Brian Langeliers Boulder Together, these ginger-beards are a formidable sight to behold.