Until this afternoon, southeast Denver had an abundance of restaurants named Pho Saigon -- but that was before Pho Saigon Le at 8101 East Belleview Avenue caught fire. According to Channel 7, a blaze burned through the roof of the restaurant, and neighboring businesses in the strip mall were evacuated while firefighters battled the flames.
This Pho Saigon is not to be confused with the Pho Saigon a few miles away at 9555 East Arapahoe. Nor is it to be confused with the Pho Saigon at 8101 South Quebec, which Jason Sheehan raved about here.
Both of those spots are open for business this afternoon.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.