It's Cinco de Mayo, and that means margaritas and Mexican food will abound in Denver today — no matter what the weather. Get out and celebrate with these Cinco de Mayo deals.
5) Richard Sandoval's Mexican Tamayo will be offering $5 margaritas (serrano, strawberry, mango, tamarind or traditional), $10 shots of Richard Sandoval’s Patron Select Barrel Anejo and $10 Richard Sandoval Patron Select Barrel Anejo Margaritas today. It will also be offering a new Test Kitchen Menu featuring the foods of, and inspired by Guadalajara.
4) Moontower Tacos will be offering $1 frozen margaritas, $1 jarritos, $1 Mexican beers (Dos XX, Corona, Negra Modelo, Pacifico, Modelo), and free refills on chips and salsa today for Cinco de Mayo. In addition to its dollar deals, the restaurant will be offering two special tacos and Cinco photo opportunities. Moontower opens early, so get there now.
3) Chef Dakota Coburn, of Centro Latin Kitchen in Boulder, will be roasting a whole, local pig for Cinco de Mayo today.The slow roasted local pig will be dished out in street-style tacos, enchiladas, and tamales. Guests can wash it all down with drink specials such as $5 margs, $7 shot and a beer, and $15 buckets of Tecate. The restaurant will be opening its doors at 11:30 a.m. Call 303-442-7771 for more information.
2) Centro sibling Lola is holding its seventh annual Picnic of the Pig tonight, with live music, drink specials and a whole pig roasted street-side. The fun starts at 5 p.m.; call 720-570-8686.
1) Cinco de Mayo falls on Tuesday, which happens to be Taco Tuesday! Adelita's Cocina y Cantina serves $1 tacos that are a bargain, but that's not the only reason you'll want to stop by this spot. Brian Rossi's joint serves the best house margs in town.
For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings — and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.