It's Cinco de Mayo, and that means margaritas and Mexican food will abound in Denver today — no matter what the weather. Get out and celebrate with these Cinco de Mayo deals.
5) Richard Sandoval's Mexican Tamayo will be offering $5 margaritas (serrano, strawberry, mango, tamarind or traditional), $10 shots of Richard Sandoval’s Patron Select Barrel Anejo and $10 Richard Sandoval Patron Select Barrel Anejo Margaritas today. It will also be offering a new Test Kitchen Menu featuring the foods of, and inspired by Guadalajara.
4) Moontower Tacos will be offering $1 frozen margaritas, $1 jarritos, $1 Mexican beers (Dos XX, Corona, Negra Modelo, Pacifico, Modelo), and free refills on chips and salsa today for Cinco de Mayo. In addition to its dollar deals, the restaurant will be offering two special tacos and Cinco photo opportunities. Moontower opens early, so get there now.
3) Chef Dakota Coburn, of Centro Latin Kitchen in Boulder, will be roasting a whole, local pig for Cinco de Mayo today.The slow roasted local pig will be dished out in street-style tacos, enchiladas, and tamales. Guests can wash it all down with drink specials such as $5 margs, $7 shot and a beer, and $15 buckets of Tecate. The restaurant will be opening its doors at 11:30 a.m. Call 303-442-7771 for more information.
2) Centro sibling Lola is holding its seventh annual Picnic of the Pig tonight, with live music, drink specials and a whole pig roasted street-side. The fun starts at 5 p.m.; call 720-570-8686.
1) Cinco de Mayo falls on Tuesday, which happens to be Taco Tuesday! Adelita's Cocina y Cantina serves $1 tacos that are a bargain, but that's not the only reason you'll want to stop by this spot. Brian Rossi's joint serves the best house margs in town.
For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings — and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to email@example.com.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism