Skewered meat: that most dangerous of foodstuffs. But at this restaurant, it's absolutely worth the risk of losing an eye or getting into a tableside sword fight with your dining companion in order to get your mitts on the chicken kabobs, the schwarma, the hummus.
Can you guess where I'm eating? Some clues:
1) It isn't exactly close to downtown Denver.
2) It isn't as far as I've ever gone for a taste of one particular dish done better outside of town than it is in the city.
3) I once gave the place shit for the fakeness of its dining room decor, but now love it for its comfort and sense of alien beauty.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Support Our Journalism
4) No, it's not Beatrice & Woodsley.
5) It's located in a strip mall where you can sample the cuisines of at least five different regions within a hundred yards.
Think you know where I'm eating? You know the drill: Make your guess in a comment below.
Special bonus: Every Friday, anyone who gave the first correct answer to any of the week's Where am I drinking/eating posts will be entered in a pool -- and we'll pull out one lucky winner who'll receive a DINR deck, worth up to $520 in discounts at independent restaurants. Read all about DINR decks here.