Even with so many great restaurants opening in 2016, readers were most excited about the return of an old standby: Godfather's Pizza. But the temporary closure of a RiNo nightclub over a shooting this past fall also drew plenty of attention. Beyond that, we learned that Denverites love breakfast, brunch, bakeries and hidden patios.
Here are our ten most popular restaurant stories of 2016, along with links to the original posts.
1. The Pizza You Can't Refuse Returns to Colorado After a Twenty-Year Absence 2. Reader: A Dumb Rule Keeps In-N-Out Burger Away From Denver
3. Cold Crush Closed as Public Nuisance by Denver Police
4. The Ten Best Breakfast Restaurants in Denver
5. The Ten Best Brunch Restaurants in Denver
6. The Ten Best Date-Night Restaurants in Denver
7. The Eleven Best Bakeries in Denver
8. The Ten Best Hidden Restaurant Patios in Denver
9. The Ten Best Chinese Restaurants in Denver
10. The Ten Best Restaurants at Denver International Airport
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.