Halloween is here and Denver will be oozing with costumes, creatures and candy all weekend long. There's a grab-bag of events to indulge in: some scary, some sexy, and some scrumptious. Build your base for the evening at Chipotle, which is offering its Boorito deal after 5 p.m., selling all customers in costume $3 burritos, bowls, salads and tacos and kids' meals. Up to $1 million from this Boorito night will be donated to support the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation. This year, Chipotle is also holding a national costume contest; to enter, customers should upload a photo of themselves in costume at Chipotle to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ChipotleBooritoContest; three grand prize winners will win $2,500 in the categories of "best group," "scariest" and "most creative," and five runners-up will be chosen to receive free Chipotle catering for up to twenty people. For more information, visitboorito.com
. And keep reading for our thirteen best spots to trick-or-eat tonight.
See also: Does Buffalo Bill Haunt Lola?
13) ViewHouse Both ViewHouse locations -- in Centennial and downtown -- started Halloween weekend early yesterday and will be throwing down the next two days and handing out $6,000 worth of prizes. Tonight there will be $1,000 at stake in the costume contest. And speaking of stakes, you might want to bring yours: This vampire-themed night will feature drink specials, DJs, giveaways, a costume contest and the announcement of the winner of the trip to see Wicked. And for those who make it through the first two nights alive -- as well as those who don't -- Saturday night's Day of the Dead party will feature more drinks, debauchery and another $1,000 prize for the most possessed costume. For more information, visit viewhouse.com.
12) Upslope Brewing There will be beats, boos and brews at the Swills & Chills Halloween Costume Party at the Upslope Brewing tap room in Lee Hill in Boulder. The party will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and will feature a specialty Halloween-themed brew, costume contest with a $100 first-place prize, the Cheese Louise food truck, games and prizes. Find more information here.
11) Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine The party starts early at Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine on Halloween, where starting at 3 p.m. and running until closing, costumed kids will receive candy and every adult with a costumed child gets a free shot of Fireball.
10) Simms Steakhouse Simms Steakhouse will offer guests a "Boo with a View" on Halloween. The restaurant will feature a Halloween-themed, five-course dinner with hair-raising cocktail pairings for each dish, as well as live music. The macabre meal starts at 6 p.m. and is $65 per person; visit simmssteakhouse.com.
9) Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria is offering Halloween dinner and a ghastly ghost tour all bandaged up in one convenient package. The three-course dinner at Lala's will be followed by a haunted house tour of Denver's historic -- and haunted -- Capitol Hill neighborhood. There will be seatings at 6 and 8 p.m.; reservations are $45 at 303-861-9463.
8) Lola Lola is throwing a Halloween party and costume contest starting at 7 p.m. October 31. There will be prizes for first-, second- and third-place costumes, as well as live music from Crazy Gorilla Drummer and the Rocky Mountain Oysters and drink specials all night long. For reservations and more information, call 720-570-8686.
7) Ignite Burgers & Bar Ignite Burgers & Bar will be lighting up the night with a complimentary shot of Fireball for grownups and treats for the kids. The evening will also feature Tito's drink specials, music on the rooftop patio and a costume contest; the best costume will snag a Tito's Vodka, Les Paul Guitar. The party will run from 6 to 10 p.m. with a DJ at 7 and the costume contest at 8:30. For more information, call 303-296-2600. Keep reading for six more places to trick-or-eat tonight. 6) Punch Bowl Social Punch Bowl Social is holding a Game of Thrones Costume Contest with prizes in the categories of Best Couple, Most Creative and Sexiest Costume. Judging begins at 9 p.m. and winners will be announced at midnight; there will be a live DJ all evening. For more information, visit punchbowlsocial.com.
5) Central Bistro & Bar Eat, drink and be scary at Central Bistro on Halloween. Starting at 9 p.m. $10 at the door will get you a free drink, door prizes, happy-hour prices and the chance to win free beer for a year and $100 for the best costume. The kitchen will be serving until 11 p.m., the bar until 2 a.m. For more information, visit centralbistrobar.com.
4) License No. 1 License No. 1, the speakeasy-type lounge that took over the Catacombs under Hotel Boulderado, will be throwing a 1920s Reincarnation Celebration for Halloween. Come dressed as you were circa 1920 and you will be entered to win a $100 bar tab, cash gift cards or an 86 Co. gift pack. There will also be tours of the spooky subterranean lair that is License No. 1 -- ghost sightings optional. For more information, visit boulderado.com.
3) Ace Head to Ace and then right out of this world for Cosmic Pong, complete with ping pong, DJs, drinks, dancing and a costume contest. The party will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a contest at 10:30 p.m. awarding prizes for the top three costumes. Reservations of eight or more can play ping pong for free. Find more information here.
2) Tavern Downtown The Tavern Downtown is getting Sinfully Wicked this Halloween. Starting at 10 p.m. there will be raffles, a costume contest -- with a $200 prize for first place -- drink specials and free entry for the ladies. Guys pay $5 at the door. For more information, visit tavernhg.com/downtown.
1) Tavern Tech Center The Tavern Tech Center is getting in on the fun tonight, too. Beginning at 10 p.m., it will offer $3.50 Bud & Bud Light drafts and $4 shots of Jager, Rumchata and Fireball. There will also be a raffle, costume contest ($200 for first place) and a photo booth contest with props, all with no cover.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings -- and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to email@example.com.