13) ViewHouse Both ViewHouse locations -- in Centennial and downtown -- started Halloween weekend early yesterday and will be throwing down the next two days and handing out $6,000 worth of prizes. Tonight there will be $1,000 at stake in the costume contest. And speaking of stakes, you might want to bring yours: This vampire-themed night will feature drink specials, DJs, giveaways, a costume contest and the announcement of the winner of the trip to see Wicked. And for those who make it through the first two nights alive -- as well as those who don't -- Saturday night's Day of the Dead party will feature more drinks, debauchery and another $1,000 prize for the most possessed costume. For more information, visit viewhouse.com.
12) Upslope Brewing There will be beats, boos and brews at the Swills & Chills Halloween Costume Party at the Upslope Brewing tap room in Lee Hill in Boulder. The party will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and will feature a specialty Halloween-themed brew, costume contest with a $100 first-place prize, the Cheese Louise food truck, games and prizes. Find more information here.
11) Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine The party starts early at Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine on Halloween, where starting at 3 p.m. and running until closing, costumed kids will receive candy and every adult with a costumed child gets a free shot of Fireball.
10) Simms Steakhouse Simms Steakhouse will offer guests a "Boo with a View" on Halloween. The restaurant will feature a Halloween-themed, five-course dinner with hair-raising cocktail pairings for each dish, as well as live music. The macabre meal starts at 6 p.m. and is $65 per person; visit simmssteakhouse.com.
9) Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria is offering Halloween dinner and a ghastly ghost tour all bandaged up in one convenient package. The three-course dinner at Lala's will be followed by a haunted house tour of Denver's historic -- and haunted -- Capitol Hill neighborhood. There will be seatings at 6 and 8 p.m.; reservations are $45 at 303-861-9463.
8) Lola Lola is throwing a Halloween party and costume contest starting at 7 p.m. October 31. There will be prizes for first-, second- and third-place costumes, as well as live music from Crazy Gorilla Drummer and the Rocky Mountain Oysters and drink specials all night long. For reservations and more information, call 720-570-8686.
7) Ignite Burgers & Bar Ignite Burgers & Bar will be lighting up the night with a complimentary shot of Fireball for grownups and treats for the kids. The evening will also feature Tito's drink specials, music on the rooftop patio and a costume contest; the best costume will snag a Tito's Vodka, Les Paul Guitar. The party will run from 6 to 10 p.m. with a DJ at 7 and the costume contest at 8:30. For more information, call 303-296-2600. Keep reading for six more places to trick-or-eat tonight.