You can agree to disagree, but Sunday's Super Bowl left much to be desired. The spread was wide, all of the commercials seemed to be created by a sleep-deprived schizophrenic coming off of a Ritalin bender, and The Who should clearly never perform again. Ever.
We'll chalk it up as a wash, but hopefully the following list of the top five drink and food-related Super Bowl commercials of all time will assist you in getting that weird taste out of your mouth.
5. Budweiser: Wazzup Bar rats and frat boys everywhere had a hard time letting this one go for months afterward. And we can't really blame them.
4. Budweiser: The Bud Bowl Budweiser takes the cake. For the most part, these commercials were just as exciting as the game itself.
3. McDonald's: Bird versus Jordan Larry Bird and Michael Jordan play a game of HORSE for a Big Mac. Enough said.
2. Reebok's Terry Tate: Office Linebacker Terry Tate is the badass that makes sure if you kill the Joe, you make some mo'. You know that, baby.
1. The Budweiser Frogs Bud. Weis. Er. If you don't remember this, you were likely living in a cave in 1995.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.