Best CBD Dog Treats: Top 3 CBD Brands For Dogs 
What better way to reward your pet than giving them treats that could improve their wellbeing? CBD Dog treats are among the most innovative methods of rewarding your dog for being the best boy.
We all know CBD helps improve our physical and mental health as humans. But what about animals? The short answer is yes, CBD oil is perfectly safe and healthy for our pets, including our dogs.
What are the benefits of CBD products for dogs? Just like humans, CBD works on dogs who are experiencing anxiety and stress, calming them down. Dogs who are undergoing a medical illness and experiencing pain can use CBD products to manage pain as well.
CBD products made for your pet could also help with seizures and stimulating the appetite. While CBD oil is perfectly safe for your pup, CBD products made specifically for your pets could help lessen any side effects that may occur.
CBD Products are generally safe for your dogs but ensure that your CBD Dog treats do not contain any THC in them to prevent overdose effects on your pet. Always consult a veterinarian before adding THC products to your pet’s diet as well.
There are multiple brands online that sell CBD oil. However, certain brands and products upgraded their take on CBD oil for pets and made CBD-infused dog treats. These companies make CBD consumption fun for you and your loyal best friend.
Top 3 CBD Treats For Dogs Online
1. Fab CBD Dog Treats- High Quality Treats for All Breeds
2. Holistapet - Best Value & Organic Products for All Breeds
3. Joy Organics - Soft Chews for Puppies & Older Dogs
Factors For Selecting the Best CBD Brand for your Dogs
We do not want you to waste your money, so before ordering any products for your pet, take note of the following factors when choosing your brand so that the experience will be a breeze for you and your pup.
• Go organic if you can. Organic products make it healthier for your pets. Organic hemp oil and ingredients can help ensure your pet’s health and safety. Always check if the brand uses any pesticides or harmful chemicals that may harm your pet’s health.
• Choose your dog treat depending on the condition you are using it for. Certain dogs have seizures and severe pain because of their medical illnesses. Pets who are experiencing severe pain may need a higher dose of CBD.
• Check its components and potency. I’m sure you only want the best for your pet, so check the ingredients and potency of the brand you are buying to ensure it will suit your dog’s preference and needs.
• Make sure it suits your dog’s tastes! Dogs have a taste too, and if the dog treat does not suit their tastes, they might not like it at all. Choose a company that offers a wide variety of flavours you can choose from and experiment with.
• Choose a brand that uses local hemp. Hemp harvested from the United States or Europe is the safest and most regulated hemp source for CBD products. Choosing a brand that uses local hemp ensures the safety of your dog.
• Make sure to check if the dog treat is safe for your pet. Trustworthy brands use Third-party laboratory testing on their products to ensure your safety. Check the brand’s site for any laboratory results and certificates to prove their legitimacy.
• Check the product’s formulation and see if it will work out for your dog. Each dog may vary, and a product may not work on the first try. Choosing a transparent brand about what goes on in their product can help secure your dog’s safety.
Best CBD Dog Treats Brands [Full Reviews]
The following brands made CBD intake fun for both you and your pet. The CBD Dog treats come in multiple flavours and doses to suit the needs of your dog. Giving your dog these dog treats will make them feel more relaxed and calm.
The dog treats included in this article do not contain any trace of THC. THC can be fatal for dogs, so make sure that the CBD products you use do not have any THC in them, or else your pet may overdose.
We also considered the factors above and only recommended the products that use top-quality hemp and do not have any pesticides or harmful chemicals. You can also find the ingredients on each product below.
Below are the top three brands that offer the best CBD Dog treats to help your pup feel happy and healthy.
#1 Fab CBD Dog Treats- High Quality Treats for All Breeds
Fab CBD is rated #1 by Discover Magazine. The Dog Treats made by Fab CBD are wheat-free, making them healthy for your dog. Instead, the treats use an oat base with other ingredients that help relieve anxiety for your pet. They also have treats that improve your pet’s skin and immunity.
The treats use locally grown organic hemp from Colorado and use a process called Chromatography. This process allows Fab CBD to create a high-quality, broad-spectrum blend of CBD without any THC traces.
The brand spent a year trying to formulate the best dog treats for your pet. Each treat contains broad-spectrum hemp oil, which includes various cannabinoids and terpenes that will benefit your pet’s body.
Fab CBD Dog Treats do not contain any pesticides and ensure that each treat contains CBD proper servings for your pet. The dog treats are affordable and come in multiple flavours for your pet to choose from.
Fab CBD uses organic and natural ingredients that help improve your pet’s health. Additional ingredients like chamomile also help relieve stress and anxiety on your pet. The additional ingredients help maximize the effect of CBD on your pet.
Another great feature of Fab CBD’s is that they do not contain any corn, wheat, or soy. These products may cause an unnecessary cereal gain in your dog’s diet and cause problems. Instead, Fab CBD uses an oat base in their dog treats.
Fab CBD also adds ingredients like turmeric to improve your pet’s health. Turmeric helps dogs who have arthritis or weak bones. The added turmeric helps increase the effectiveness of CBD for your pet.
• 3mg of CBD per treat
• 150 mg of CBD per packet
• Peanut Butter Apple that helps ease your pet’s anxiety
• Salmon to make your dog’s coat shine and grow
• Chicken to help improve your dog’s immune system
• For the Peanut Butter Flavor that helps relieve anxiety: Organic and locally grown hemp oil, Tapioca syrup, chamomile, peanut butter, oat base, apple passionflower
• For the Salmon that help your dog’s coat grow: Flaxseed, Salmon, organic and locally grown hemp oil, salmon oil, coconut oil, and an oat base
• For the chicken that improves your dog’s immune system: Organic and locally grown hemp oil, bone broth, coconut oil, milk, turmeric, thistle extract, tapioca syrup, flaxseed, chicken, and an oat base
Hemp Source: local farms in Colorado, United States. Fab CBD does not use any pesticides, and its products do not contain any GMO.
Hemp Extraction: Broad-spectrum hemp oil
Laboratory testing: ProVerde Laboratory
• $34 per pack
• $87 for a bundle where you can get one of each flavour
Coupon: Use the code RADAR20 for 20% off your purchase
#2 Holistapet - Best Value & Organic Products for All Breeds
Holistapet prides itself on making CBD-infused products for pets. They primarily focus on treats, chews, and oils for cats to help your pet with any condition they are currently facing. All their products are pet-related only and adequately tested, so you can rest assured that they are of high quality.
Holistapet uses full-spectrum hemp oil extracted from locally grown hemp in the farms of Colorado, United States. All of their products are natural and organic products for your pets. They also include ingredients that further amplify the effects of CBD.
You can choose from three different flavours that are specially formulated for various conditions. Pets who have joint problems, depression, anxiety, or a weak immune system can take Holistapet’s treats.
Aside from full-spectrum hemp oil, Holistapets also infuse their treats and products with superfood ingredients. Ingredients like turmeric, Boswellia, and flaxseed make their treats into a superfood for your pet.
Added ingredients like Boswellia help improve the effects of CBD. Boswellia has anti-inflammatory effects and prevents joint diseases. If your dog is experiencing any inflammation or you would like to improve your pet’s bone and joint health, this ingredient helps.
Another additional ingredient in Holistapet’s treats is Flaxseed. Flaxseed helps improve your pet’s coat, making it grow thick and shine. The ingredient also helps prevent any skin disorders or conditions, improving your dog’s skin health.
• 5mg of CBD per treat
• 150mg of CBD per packet
• Green Apple and Peanut Butter for relieving stress and anxiety
• Pumpkin Spice and cinnamon for joints and mobility care
• Blueberry and sweet potato for improving your pet’s heart and immune system
• For Green Apple and Peanut Butter for stress-relief: L-Theanine, Hemp Seed Powder, CBD Oil, Chamomile, Peanut Butter, Applesauce, Molasses, Coconut Oil, Cinnamon, and Brown Rice Flour
• For Blueberry and Sweet Potato for immune system improvement: Flaxseed, Blueberries, CBD oil, Hemp Seed Powder, Rolled Oats, Sweet Potato, Molasses, Cinnamon, Coconut oil, and Brown Rice Flour
• For Pumpkin Spice and Cinnamon for Joint and Mobility Care: Boswellia, Turmeric Root, CBD oil, Hemp Seed Powder, Brown Rice Flour, Pumpkin puree, Cinnamon, Molasses, Coconut Oil
Hemp Source: local farms in Colorado, United States
Hemp Extraction: Full-Spectrum but does not have THC, so more on Broad-spectrum hemp oil
Laboratory testing: pH Solutions
• $24.95 per pack
• $67.36 for a bundle where you can get one of each flavour
Coupon: Use the code ALLCBD15 for 15% off your purchase
#3 Joy Organics - Soft Chews for Puppies & Older Dogs
Joy Organics offers premium, and high-quality dog chews to help improve your dog's health. The brand is famous for offering various CBD products and having the best Broad-spectrum products in the market.
Joy Organics uses Water-Soluble hemp powder to increase the bioavailability of CBD on your dogs. This feature makes the effects of CBD on your dog happen quickly, and it increases its effectiveness.
Joy Organics use a broad-spectrum blend of hemp extract to improve your dog’s health and wellbeing. Joy Organics uses locally farmed hemp from the farms of Colorado, United States, ensuring its quality.
The treats also come in beef flavour, ensuring that it suits your dog’s tastes. The flavorful treats also contain ingredients that can help amplify the effects of CBD. Joy Organics also offers the best money-back guarantee for their products, so you do not have to worry about trying out their products.
Joy Organics also makes sure that there is no hint of THC in your dog treats. THC can cause an overdose on your pets, so it is best to avoid them. However, Joy Organics also included all the healthy nutrients and terpenes included in the hemp plant to improve your pet’s health.
Joy Organics uses natural flavouring in their dog chews, and it has a lot of texture, so you can rest assured that your pet will love their dog chews. These dog chews are perfect for pets who are having anxiety-related issues because of their texture and taste.
You can see the multiple laboratories that test Joy Organics’ products before it goes to the shelf below. If you want to see your CBD products’ laboratory results, it can be seen on the website itself, providing transparency.
• 2mg of CBD per treat
• 60 mg of CBD per jar
• Beef flavour
• Dried Brewer’s Yeast
• Water-Soluble Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract
• Gum Arabic
• Beef Liver powder
• Sodium Alginate
• Natural bacon flavour
• Microcrystalline Cellulose
• Organic Sweet Potato Powder
• Citrus Pectin
• Vitamin E
• Calcium Sulfate
• Natural Preservative
• Sodium Propionate
• Sunflower Lecithin
• Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate
Hemp Source: local farms in Colorado, United States
Hemp Extraction: Broad-spectrum hemp extract
• Aurum Laboratories
• Botanacor Services
• PIXIS Laboratories
• Phyta Tech Metrics Solution
• Green Scientific Laboratories
• $34.95 per jar
Coupon: Use the code ALLCBD15 for 15% off your purchase
What Makes CBD Dog Treats Better Than CBD Oil?
There are different forms of CBD products to administer to your dog. CBD Tinctures are one of the most effective and quick-acting forms of CBD products for your pet. If your pet needs a higher dose of CBD, you may want to stick to CBD Tinctures.
However, most pet owners still prefer giving their pets Dog treats instead of Tinctures.
While dog treats are slower in giving CBD effects, pet owners prefer CBD Dog treats due to the following reasons:
• The number one reason for owners preferring CBD Dog treats compared to CBD tinctures is their flavour. CBD Dog treats offer multiple arrays of flavours. Dogs have tastebuds too and prefer flavours that they are familiar with. The CBD Dog treats use dog-friendly ingredients and tasty flavours to make the CBD experience fun for your pet. The flavours make it easier for anxious pets to take.
• CBD Dog treats have more accurate dosages. Unlike Tinctures, where you drop the CBD oil on your dog yourself, monitoring the amount of CBD in your dog treats is easy because it is already indicated in their packets.
• Tinctures can be hard to administer, especially for picky dogs. Holding your dog’s mouth open while dropping the oil can be challenging when they are trying to get out. The problem arises more often with larger dogs who are not used to using CBD tinctures. CBD Dog treats, on the other hand, are tasty and easy to feed to your dogs.
• CBD Tinctures usually only have CBD oil in them. Dog treats can contain multiple ingredients like superfoods that further boost your dog’s health and immune system. These ingredients also help boost the effects of CBD and come hand in hand.
• CBD tinctures are quick-acting and effective, but they can wear off after a few hours. CBD Dog treats may take a long time to take effect, but the effects usually take longer to wear off compared to tinctures.
CBD Dog treats are not all perfect, though. The product comes with some cons that may not be suitable for some pet owners:
• Treats take a long time before taking effect. Tinctures only need about 20 minutes for your dog to feel the CBD’s effects. On the other hand, dog treats can take somewhere around 40 minutes or more, depending on the product. If your dog is suffering from severe pain, a better option is using CBD tinctures.
• CBD products need to go to your digestive system to take into effect. Your dog’s liver will process the CBD and take effect. If your dog has other medications, CBD Dog treats can interfere with them. Always consult your veterinarian before giving any CBD products to your pet.
How Long Does It Take For CBD Dog Treats to Take effect?
Generally, it takes five minutes to one hour. But for some pets with grievous issues, it may take or two weeks to provide desired results.
CBD products work the same way in dogs the way CBD products work on humans. The product attaches to their endocannabinoid system and helps stabilize the system so your pet’s body functions properly.
Compared to CBD use research for humans, research on CBD use for dogs is not a lot. However, recent studies show that dogs benefit from CBD use as well.
Some conditions CBD can treat are:
• Seizures. Dogs with seizures seem to ease when they use CBD-infused dog treats or products. Adding CBD to your dog’s diet can also help lessen any seizure attacks. However, proper veterinarian care should cure the root cause of the seizure as well.
• CBD products also prove to help with inflammatory bowel disease, nausea, and vomiting. CBD helps your pet relax and aid their endocannabinoid system to function properly.
• Adding CBD products to your dog’s diet also proves to improve their bone health. Dogs who are experiencing osteoporosis or weakness in the bones perform better when CBD is added to their diet.
• CBD Dog Treats and products can also help manage pain. CBD products can help act as a pain reliever for your pets without experiencing any harmful side effects. However, pets experiencing severe pain may need CBD tinctures instead of treats.
• If your pet is experiencing stress or anxiety, maybe due to separation anxiety or a recent situation, you may give your dog CBD products. Research shows that CBD helps in giving an anti-panic effect, calming your dog down.
• There are times when our pet is easily disturbed by outside noises that we cannot control. Pets who cannot sleep due to noise disturbance may need to intake CBD treats and products to induce sleep during the night.
Even though there are not a lot of studies on CBD’s effectiveness on dogs and pets, recent studies show that CBD can improve your pet’s health. The dog’s gut can handle CBD processing and provide the same effects as a human taking CBD.
However, according to your dog’s condition, your need for potency may vary. How do you know the proper dosage and potency of CBD for your dog? Below are some steps to consider when giving your dog a dose of CBD.
Are There Any Side Effects?
CBD is generally safe for dogs. CBD products do not cause life-threatening effects to your dogs. However, you must keep in mind that each dog is different, and their reactions to CBD products may vary.
Another thing to take note of is that THC can be dangerous for dogs. Even a small dose of THC can be fatal to dogs. The THC can make the dog high and cause a hallucination effect. Dogs experiencing these may have increased heartbeat and anxiety.
Even if the dogs do not experience anxiety or an increase in their heartbeat, the psychoactive effects of CBD on dogs can cause them to injure themselves.
The brands and products we recommended above do not have THC in them, making them safe for your dogs. Check the brand's website if their dog treats or tinctures contain THC, and it may be best to avoid these brands instead.
Some dogs may develop an allergic reaction to CBD. After all, not all dogs are the same, and some ingredients in the dog treats or CBD products can cause an allergic reaction.
A few symptoms to watch out for are the following:
1. Dry mouth. Just like with humans, dogs who eat or intake CBD can experience dryness in their mouth. When giving your dog CBD products, make sure that they have a water source nearby so they can easily rehydrate themselves.
2. CBD can make your dogs sleepy. A common side effect of CBD is that it induces calmness and relaxation. The effects of CBD can cause drowsiness and induce sleep on your dog. Giving your dog CBD treats before bed can help give them a good night’s sleep.
3. The anti-panic effects of CBD can also cause lower blood pressure in your pets. If you notice your dog bumping its head on the walls or walking wobbly, lower your dog’s dosage and consult a veterinarian. Make sure that there are no harmful objects on your dog’s way that can harm them as well.
4. If your dog is itching or scratching itself, the CBD product you gave your dog may contain THC. Immediately stop the intake of CBD and bring him to a veterinarian for a check-up.
5. Nausea and vomiting are also another side effect some dogs may experience. Vomiting can mean that there are traces of THC in your dog’s CBD product. Make sure to stop the intake immediately and take your pet to the veterinarian.
If your pet experience or displays any of the following symptoms, we recommend lowering the dose of CBD immediately. If you think there are traces of THC in your CBD product, immediately stop the intake and take your pet to the veterinarian.
To avoid these side effects and ensure the safety of your pet’s health when administering CBD, you can follow the following steps for precaution:
1. If your pet is new to CBD products, it is recommended that you start your pet on an extremely low dose and start your way up from there. Observe your pet’s reaction to CBD and stop the intake if your pet displays any adverse symptoms.
2. Always consult your pet’s veterinarian. Before adding any CBD products to your pet’s diet, consult a medical professional to avoid any adverse symptoms like the ones listed above. Make sure that the CBD product you are using does not contain any THC to prevent your pet from overdosing.
Different Forms of CBD Products for Your Dog
CBD has multiple benefits for your dog. Some benefits of CBD include stress-relief and improving skin conditions. CBD can manage other conditions like Anxiety, Pain, Inflammation, and Seizures.
If your dog is suffering from depression, appetite loss, or sleeplessness, you can give them a dose of CBD to improve their condition. CBD oil can help relax your dog and induce sleepiness at night.
CBD works by attaching to your endocannabinoid system. Just like humans, pets like dogs have an endocannabinoid system as well. This system affects the functioning of their body and mood.
CBD products like dog treats or chews can give additional cannabinoids that will help stabilize your dog’s system. However, if you want to administer CBD products on your dog, there are multiple forms to choose from.
• You can administer CBD oil using tinctures on your dog.
• Adding hemp oil to your dog’s food or water is another method of administering CBD oil.
• Dogs prefer CBD Dog Treats or CBD chews because they have multiple flavours that suit their taste buds.
• CBD capsules can give your dogs a hefty dose of CBD if they are suffering from pain or other conditions
• If your dog has a skin condition or inflammation, use CBD topicals like salves, creams, or lotions on the affected area.
However, these forms have their pros and cons, and it may take some trial and error to see which form your dog needs or prefer:
• Dropping the CBD oil on your dog’s tongue can be challenging, especially if it is a new experience for them. However, tinctures are generally more effective and potent, lasting for at least seven hours.
• Adding CBD oil to your dog’s food and water is less challenging, but the CBD’s effect can take a while before kicking in.
• CBD Capsules for your dogs can give a potent dose of CBD, but some dogs do not prefer the capsules and may avoid eating them.
• Topicals like salves and creams are effective for skin conditions and inflammations, but they are not as effective compared to tinctures that go directly to the digestive system of your pet.
• CBD Dog treats and chews are among the most preferred methods for most dogs as they make CBD fun and tasty. However, just like adding CBD oil to your dog’s food, treats may need some time before the effects of CBD kicks in.
Most pet owners prefer CBD Dog treats because they are specifically made for dogs. The CBD-infused dog treats also offer various flavours that dogs love, making the experience fun and enjoyable for your pet.
Factors in Choosing Dog treats: Brands use varying factors when making their CBD products, and the quality of the product varies according to these factors. Always check for the following factors before buying the product for your pet.
• Location of Hemp Source, locally grown hemp in the United States and Europe, is heavily regulated and high quality.
• Hemp Strain, there are various strains of hemp, so choose the one that will suit your needs.
• How do they extract their hemp? Good brands use extraction processes that do not use any harmful chemicals that can harm your pet’s body.
• Ingredients, each dog's needs flavour and choosing the ingredients that will benefit your dog the most is key in choosing your brand.
• How do they manufacture their CBD products? Brands who ensure their CBD product’s quality from start to finish will yield premium CBD treats for your dog from start to finish.
• Is there any THC? If you do not prefer THC, go for products that use broad-spectrum or CBD Isolates. Make sure that the brand does not have or filter out any contaminants in their end-product as well.
• Laboratory testing is essential when determining whether a product is safe for consumption for your pets. Look for the laboratory results on the brand’s website to ensure your pet’s safety.
Other CBD options you should look for in your CBD Dog treats are:
• Potency levels
• Concentration of CBD
• The purity of the product
• Certified laboratory test results and safety
• Effectiveness of the product
Your dog’s needs may differ according to their condition, so choose the formula that best suits your dog’s needs. Finding the right product for your pet may take some experimentation and trial and error. However, you should always choose the best quality CBD treats for your pup.
CBD Dosage: How Many Treats You Should Give Your Dog
There is no proper dosage of CBD for dogs that you must strictly follow. The products are all fairly new to the market, and only the good old trial and error can determine the perfect dose for your pet.
While CBD products are generally safe and have positive effects on your dog’s health, they are not FDA-approved products yet. There are no clear guidelines given on how much dosage an animal must receive for CBD.
You should also take note that dogs require smaller doses of CBD compared to humans. THC can be fatal to a dog, so we recommended products that do not trace THC in them. A smaller dose can be enough for most dogs, but dogs experiencing severe pain may require more.
Some brands offer a recommended dosage on their products. If this is the first time your dog is using CBD products, it is recommended that you start with a smaller dose and work your way up according to your dog’s condition.
We recommend following the brand’s recommended dosage as well, as they know the exact components in their products. However, a general rule that most pet owners follow is 0.1 to 0.2 mg of CBD per pound.
An example would be if your dog weighs around 30 pounds, you can give your dog 4.5 mg of CBD per dose, with the frequency depending on your dog’s reaction.
The recommended dosage is just approximate, and it all comes down to how well your dog takes the CBD product. Always consult with a veterinarian before adding CBD to your dog’s diet.
In Conclusion: Best Brand of CBD Dog Treats?
CBD Products can help treat health conditions that your pet has. Giving your pet CBD products can help relieve stress and anxiety. CBD products have a lot of forms, but CBD Dog treats are the most popular choice for pets. CBD dog treats make administering CBD to your pet a fun and convenient experience.
The various flavour options make them a tasty little treat for your pet. However, always ensure that the CBD products you are using do not have any THC to prevent overdosing on your pets. Before purchasing any product for your dog, always look for trusted brands like Fab CBD, HolistaPet, and Joy organics - as they offer high-quality CBD products for dogs.
CBD products do not cure any illnesses your pet may have. Check with a veterinarian before adding any CBD products to your pet’s diet.