High Rent in Denver: Ten Examples of What $1,200 a Month Will Get You
As rents were quickly rising late last year, we did a comparative survey of what $1,000 a month would get you in metro Denver — and came up with ten very different housing options.
After another year of rising rents, we decided to repeat the exercise, this time looking for places that rent for $1,200 a month — the average in the area, according to recent figures from the Apartment Association of Metro Denver.
Here’s what we found last week:
1. A 505-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment in Baker. Pet-friendly, newly renovated and walking distance to restaurants and bars on South Broadway.
2. A 490-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment in West Washington Park. “Location, location,” rooftop patio, free wi-fi and newly renovated interior hallways.
3. A 950-square-foot, two-bedroom, two-bath on Tennyson Street in Westminster. Rent includes water, sewer and trash.
4. A 720-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath condo in Wheat Ridge. “VERY NICE,” with new carpet, redone kitchen and bathroom; “serious renter and experienced renter” desired.
5. A 1,085-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath apartment near St. Mary’s Glacier. Quiet mountain and lakeside condo forty minutes from Denver and 25 minutes from major skiing.
6. A 600-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment near Cheesman Park. Upgraded kitchen, including dishwasher and microwave, hardwood floors and reserved off-street parking.
7. A 750-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath with finished basement in West Highland. New carpet, paint, A/C and a carport.
8. A 1,300-square-foot, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment in Aurora. Fireplace, large dining room, four closets, a pool and tennis courts.
9. A 736-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath apartment in Glendale. New complex, energy-efficient windows, granite countertops and a pool.
10. A 1,091-square-foot, three-bedroom, 1.5-bath townhouse in Westminster. Two stories, private patio, fenced yard.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.