As rents were quickly rising late last year, we did a comparative survey of what $1,000 a month would get you in metro Denver — and came up with ten very different housing options.
After another year of rising rents, we decided to repeat the exercise, this time looking for places that rent for $1,200 a month — the average in the area, according to recent figures from the Apartment Association of Metro Denver.
Here’s what we found last week:
1. A 505-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment in Baker. Pet-friendly, newly renovated and walking distance to restaurants and bars on South Broadway.
2. A 490-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment in West Washington Park. “Location, location,” rooftop patio, free wi-fi and newly renovated interior hallways.
3. A 950-square-foot, two-bedroom, two-bath on Tennyson Street in Westminster. Rent includes water, sewer and trash.
4. A 720-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath condo in Wheat Ridge. “VERY NICE,” with new carpet, redone kitchen and bathroom; “serious renter and experienced renter” desired.
5. A 1,085-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath apartment near St. Mary’s Glacier. Quiet mountain and lakeside condo forty minutes from Denver and 25 minutes from major skiing.
6. A 600-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment near Cheesman Park. Upgraded kitchen, including dishwasher and microwave, hardwood floors and reserved off-street parking.
7. A 750-square-foot, one-bedroom, one-bath with finished basement in West Highland. New carpet, paint, A/C and a carport.
8. A 1,300-square-foot, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment in Aurora. Fireplace, large dining room, four closets, a pool and tennis courts.
9. A 736-square-foot, two-bedroom, one-bath apartment in Glendale. New complex, energy-efficient windows, granite countertops and a pool.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
10. A 1,091-square-foot, three-bedroom, 1.5-bath townhouse in Westminster. Two stories, private patio, fenced yard.