How We Work
Westword has been Denver's leading independent news source since 1977. Every day, we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, marijuana, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Westword’s sales department comprises driven and energetic individuals who offer our diverse range of clients a variety of marketing solutions. We continue to launch new products to meet our clients’ needs -- whether it's driving new business, general branding campaigns or advertising events.
Westword’s marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events and all of Westword's efforts, including promotion of clients and daily engagement with our readers.
Our production department works closely with both the sales and marketing teams to create innovative campaigns for our clients and partners.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
ON THE GO!
Explore the City with our Street Team.
"I love that Westword is the portal to everything trendy in Denver. Westword strives to be the first to announce what is new to Denver and stay in the forefront. I want to always be a part of a company that knows what is going on with a leading edge."
- Heather Lowe
|Account Manager||Account Management||Denver|
Westword is seeking a powerhouse individual with strong attention to detail who is hungry to learn the business. This individual will possess a fearless attitude and exceptional work ethic. In this support role, you will be a key contributor to the sales organization by positively impacting client services, client retention and client success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Account management
o Direct communication with clients for print & digital products to collect assets, confirm campaign schedule and implement campaigns.
o Manage booking, invoicing and collections for all campaigns
o Maintain current campaigns and manage updates both internally and externally
o Proposal creation and data entry
o Sales for print, digital, events, SEO & programmatic
o Ad design
o Build and maintain solid, trusting relationships for long term client success
o Participate in monthly and quarterly progression calls with clients and fulfillment team
• 1 year of account management experience and/or digital sales
• Service industry experience a plus
• Basic knowledge of organic SEO, local SEO and web analytics
• Basic knowledge of paid media (PPC, GDN, YouTube & Programmatic) and social media platforms and success metrics
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
• Ability to take direction and follow predetermined processes.
• Proficient in Excel & Powerpoint
• Must have a car and valid driver’s license.
This position will work directly with one of our Senior Account Executives. We offer a base salary of $35K-$40K plus commission depending on experience, and career growth opportunities in a fun, fast paced work environment. We also offer a full benefits package to include medical, dental, 401k, flex spending, paid vacation & more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Multi Media Advertising Sales Executive||Sales||Denver|
We are seeking a smart, driven, and energetic individual looking for a career in media sales. The media industry is in an exciting state of change and Westword is growing exponentially. As such, we need a highly ambitious sales person with a desire to exceed sales goals and grow with us. We pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results.
This person will be responsible for growing advertising revenues through the consultative sale of both print and digital solutions including newspaper, specialty publications, digital display, SEO, PPC, paid media, social media, mobile, programmatic, IP targeting, e-mail, mobile advertising, website development and local services with a primary responsibility of acquiring new clients. We continue to launch new products and initiatives so opportunities abound.
We offer a competitive salary with uncapped commissions, additional bonus incentives and career growth opportunity. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid time off, company paid holidays and a 401(k). Candidates must have personal transportation and must pass a background check.
• A proven track record in sales
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to self-generate leads
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Digital, Radio, Cable, Print, or Media advertising sales experience a plus.
If you are a true sales trailblazer looking to evolve, grow, and deliver custom solutions to local business, then we want to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com