How We Work
Westword has been Denver's leading independent news source since 1977. Every day, we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, marijuana, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Westword’s sales department comprises driven and energetic individuals who offer our diverse range of clients a variety of marketing solutions. We continue to launch new products to meet our clients’ needs -- whether it's driving new business, general branding campaigns or advertising events.
Westword’s marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events and all of Westword's efforts, including promotion of clients and daily engagement with our readers.
Our production department works closely with both the sales and marketing teams to create innovative campaigns for our clients and partners.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
ON THE GO!
Explore the City with our Street Team.
"I love that Westword is the portal to everything trendy in Denver. Westword strives to be the first to announce what is new to Denver and stay in the forefront. I want to always be a part of a company that knows what is going on with a leading edge."
- Heather Lowe
Denver Westword is seeking an individual to join the Business Department as a Financial Accountant. This individual will assist the Business Manager in supporting the business and financial operations of the Westword Newspaper & Digital Sales.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• General Ledger & Financial Statement Preparation
• Processing Payroll (Biweekly)
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Light HR Duties
• Weekly Revenue Reporting
• Bank Reconciliations
• Cash Forecasting
• Processing Sales & Use Tax
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years accounting experience and a BS in Business/Accounting/Finance. Experience with Great Plains and ADP are helpful. Excellent excel, accounting, attention to detail, people, and project management skills are a MUST. Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, multi-faceted sales-driven environment is required.
This position will work directly with our business and sales team. Depending on experience, salary can range from $50,000-$55,000 annually. We also offer a full benefits package that includes Paid Vacation, PPO Medical coverage, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(k) Plan and more!
Interested candidates please send your resume to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Candidate must be eligible to work in this country for any employer.
|Senior Digital Sales Executive||Sales||Denver|
Are you seeking a fast-paced, high-activity sales position? Are you a hunter who's ready to close big business in a competitive environment? Westword and VDigital Services are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual who will drive digital sales. By creating successful campaigns for clients, the Senior Digital Sales Executive ensures growth within the business and retains clients for future campaigns.
This position is one of the most vital in the company, and we pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results. Our portfolio of solutions includes digital products that are designed to get results such as SEO, PPC, Display Advertising, Social Media, Programmatic, Retargeting, Device ID Targeting, Connected TV, E-mail, Web Design, Content Production and more.
The Senior Digital Sales Executive plays an important role in our business by meeting quick deadlines, keeping a full pipeline, managing sales activity, and communicating regularly with upper management. Experience selling to Automotive, Home Services, Education and/or Medical clients is preferred but not required. Attention to detail, staying informed of digital advertising best practices, and having a passion for all things digital are critical aspects of the position.
The Senior Digital Sales Executive will:
• Prospect digital advertisers and aggressively pursue and close new business
• Possess a Hunter Mentality. This position is not about managing a book of business it is about identifying opportunities and closing new sales.
• Provide strategic advice and help small to mid-size businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
• Acquire an intimate knowledge of our capabilities, specifically within our programmatic platforms, Paid Media and SEO.
• Be able to interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients' monthly investments.
• Minimum 2 years experience in digital media sales, media sales, or consultative B2B sales with small to medium size businesses (required)
• Proven prospecting and new business development skills - a true Hunter's mentality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - a dynamic, strong, relationship builder.
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Passion, desire and motivation to sell digital products.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
• Has a demonstrative relationships with business owners, marketing directors, networking groups, and the community.
• A portfolio of solutions for every clients needs with precision targeting
• A fun and exciting work environment
• Base salary + Commission + bonus
• Earning Potential of $70K to $95K
• Ongoing Sales Training
• A career path in sales and management
• Medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401(k)
If this sounds like a good fit, please email your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|House Account Manager||Sales||Denver|
Westword is seeking a powerhouse individual with strong attention to detail who is hungry to learn the ins and outs of a fast-growing national media and marketing company with a local homebase. This individual will possess a fearless attitude and exceptional work ethic. In this support role, you will be a key contributor to the sales organization by working with our management team, positively impacting client services, client retention and client success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Direct communication with clients for print & digital products to collect assets, confirm campaign schedules and implement campaigns.
Manage booking, invoicing and collections for all campaigns
Maintain current campaigns and manage updates both internally and externally
Work closely with high profile clients and organizations
Proposal creation and data entry
Sales for print, digital, events, SEO & programmatic
Build and maintain solid, trusting relationships for long term client success and incremental revenue opportunities.
Participate in monthly and quarterly progression calls with clients and fulfillment team
1 year of account management experience and/or digital sales
Service industry experience a plus
Knowledge of organic SEO, local SEO and web analytics
Ability to analyze and present digital analytics
Basic knowledge of paid media (PPC, GDN, YouTube & Programmatic) and social media platforms and success metrics
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
Ability to take direction and follow predetermined processes
Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, especially Excel & PowerPoint
Basic understanding of Salesforce as a Customer Relationship Management tool or similar software
Must have a car and valid driver’s license.
This position will work directly with our management team.
Interested candidates please send your resume to : email@example.com
We offer a base salary plus commission, depending on experience, with an earning potential of $50,000-$65,000 annually and career growth opportunities in a fun, fast-paced work environment. We also offer a full benefits package to include medical, dental, 401k, flex spending, paid vacation & more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Westword Route Drivers wanted.
Earn extra money on Wednesdays
and deliver Westword to your favorite part of town.
Truck, van or SUV preferred.
Proof of insurance & clean/current MVR is required.
Please email your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Multi Media Advertising Sales Executive||Sales||Denver|
We are seeking a smart, driven, and energetic individual looking for a career in media sales. The media industry is in an exciting state of change and Westword is growing exponentially. As such, we need a highly ambitious sales person with a desire to exceed sales goals and grow with us. We pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results.
This person will be responsible for growing advertising revenues through the consultative sale of both print and digital solutions including newspaper, specialty publications, digital display, SEO, PPC, paid media, social media, mobile, programmatic, IP targeting, e-mail, mobile advertising, website development and local services with a primary responsibility of acquiring new clients. We continue to launch new products and initiatives so opportunities abound.
We offer a competitive salary with uncapped commissions, additional bonus incentives and career growth opportunity. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid time off, company paid holidays and a 401(k). Candidates must have personal transportation and must pass a background check.
• A proven track record in sales
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to self-generate leads
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Digital, Radio, Cable, Print, or Media advertising sales experience a plus.
If you are a true sales trailblazer looking to evolve, grow, and deliver custom solutions to local business, then we want to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com