How We Work
Westword has been Denver's leading independent news source since 1977. Every day, we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, marijuana, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Westword’s sales department comprises driven and energetic individuals who offer our diverse range of clients a variety of marketing solutions. We continue to launch new products to meet our clients’ needs -- whether it's driving new business, general branding campaigns or advertising events.
Westword’s marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events and all of Westword's efforts, including promotion of clients and daily engagement with our readers.
Our production department works closely with both the sales and marketing teams to create innovative campaigns for our clients and partners.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
ON THE GO!
Explore the City with our Street Team.
"I love that Westword is the portal to everything trendy in Denver. Westword strives to be the first to announce what is new to Denver and stay in the forefront. I want to always be a part of a company that knows what is going on with a leading edge."
- Heather Lowe
|Multi Media Advertising Sales Executive||Sales||Denver|
We are seeking a smart, driven, and energetic individual looking for a career in media sales. The media industry is in an exciting state of change and Westword is growing exponentially. As such, we need a highly ambitious sales person with a desire to exceed sales goals and grow with us. We pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results.
This person will be responsible for growing advertising revenues through the consultative sale of both print and digital solutions including newspaper, specialty publications, digital display, SEO, PPC, paid media, social media, mobile, programmatic, IP targeting, e-mail, mobile advertising, website development and local services with a primary responsibility of acquiring new clients. We continue to launch new products and initiatives so opportunities abound.
We offer a competitive salary with uncapped commissions, additional bonus incentives and career growth opportunity. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid time off, company paid holidays and a 401(k). Candidates must have personal transportation and must pass a background check.
• A proven track record in sales
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to self-generate leads
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Digital, Radio, Cable, Print, or Media advertising sales experience a plus.
If you are a true sales trailblazer looking to evolve, grow, and deliver custom solutions to local business, then we want to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org