The CDPHE considers a facility an outbreak after two or more COVID-19 cases among residents, staffers or the like are confirmed within a fourteen-day period, or two or more cases of respiratory illness with an onset of symptoms within a fourteen-day period are paired with at least one additional COVID-19 diagnosis.
The fourteen new outbreaks in the report, released on June 24, is lower than the seventeen announced on June 17, and definitely down from the 22 on June 3. Moreover, no new Kroger-owned King Soopers or City Market stores hit the roster, despite assertions from the United Food and Commercial Workers Local 7 that the current ten official Kroger outbreaks in the state — by far the most for any single retailer in Colorado — represent only about half of the 21 stores at which it's tracked COVID-19 cases among employers.
The overall Colorado outbreak count now stands at 337. Approximately 160 of them are considered resolved, while the remainder are under active investigation.
Prominent among the new outbreaks is Mezzaluna Aspen, a restaurant located in the heart of Aspen with a generous outdoor seating area — a layout considered safer for customers than indoor dining. (Other eateries joining it are considerably less tony: Fuzzy's Taco Shop in El Paso County and an Arapahoe County Jack in the Box.) The Inn at Aspen makes the list as well; it and Mezzaluna are the first outbreaks recorded for Pitkin County.
Outbreaks have also been declared at a food manufacturing plant in Pueblo County and a poultry processing center in Arapahoe County, along with a dermatology specialist in Larimer County, a community correctional facility in Denver, a Douglas County factory, a Rifle construction site and the Eagle Lake Overnight Camp in El Paso County, at which seventeen staffers have either confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19.
Here are the latest additions, complete with the date the outbreak was identified:
1. 701 E 5th St. Rifle, CO Construction Site, Active, Other, Construction Site, Garfield County, 6/22/2020, 5 positive staff cases
2. Closet Factory, Active, Other, Factory/Warehouse, Douglas County, 6/16/2020, 6 positive staff cases
3. Eagle Lake Overnight Camp, Active, Camp, El Paso County, 6/18/2020, 10 positive staff cases, 7 probable staff cases
4. Fuzzy's Taco Shop, Active, Restaurant sit-down, El Paso County, 6/21/2020, 2 positive staff cases
5. Genesis Hospitality Corporation, Active, Office/indoor workspace, Larimer County, 6/23/2020, 2 positive staff cases, 1 probable staff case
6. Jack in the Box, Active, Restaurant fast food, Arapahoe County, 6/16/2020, 4 positive staff cases
7. Lake Loveland Dermatology (Ideal Dermatology), Active, Healthcare, outpatient, Larimer County, 6/23/2020, 5 positive staff cases, 2 probable staff cases
8. Mezzaluna Aspen, Active, Restaurant sit-down, Pitkin County, 6/19/2020, 3 positive staff cases
9. Mission Foods, Active, Other, Manufactured foods facility, Pueblo County, 6 positive staff cases
10. Modern Painting Services, Active, Other, House Painting Business, El Paso County, 6/20/2020, 5 positive staff cases
11. Pecos — Independence House, Active, Other, Community correctional facility, Denver County, 5/18/2020, 21 positive resident cases, 1 probable resident case, 3 positive staff cases, 1 probable staff case
12. Redbird Farms, Active, Other, Poultry Processing Center, Arapahoe County, 6/5/2020, 7 positive staff cases, 7 probable staff cases
13. The Inn at Aspen, Active, Hotel/lodge/resort, Pitkin County, 6/22/2020, 4 positive staff cases, 1 probable staff case
14. Uptown Health Care Center (020452), Active, Healthcare, skilled nursing facility, Denver County, 6/18/2020, 7 positive resident cases, 2 probable resident cases, 1 resident death, 1 positive staff case