The 2015 Westword Showcase is so close we can almost hear it. If you’re new to Denver or just new to this particular festival, we understand that the enormous schedule can seem more overwhelming than exciting. But by following just a few simple pieces of advice, you, too, can be ready for the party of the summer.
1. Make a schedule. The showcase goes from noon to 10 p.m. on Saturday, June
2. Don’t spend all day at the Main Stage. This year’s headliners — Roadkill Ghost Choir, Wave Racer, Robert DeLong, MisterWives, the Black
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3. Go to venues you’ve never been to before. A festival is dependent on a solid environment, and the Golden Triangle neighborhood is one of the best. Maybe you’ve spent a few happy hours at Bannock Street Garage or a weekend brunch with your parents at Dazzle, but there are plenty of gems spread throughout the Showcase grounds this year. Pick a venue you’ve never been in and spend an hour there. Who knows? It could become your new favorite spot in the ’hood.
4. Don’t start drinking at noon. There will always be someone in your squad who thinks it’s a good idea to shotgun a beer and down a few shots before heading out into the heat for a ten-hour-long festival. It might seem like a good idea at first, but that guy (or gal) will probably be done for the day and in a cab long before Flume hits the stage. Instead, start the day out with a hearty meal and some water, and rehydrate every couple of hours.
5. Talk to people. You’re going to be surrounded by thousands of Denver music fans at the Showcase, so take advantage: It’s the ideal time to make new friends, get new music suggestions and prepare for one hell of a community block party.