Neil Young's Dreamin' Man Live '92, which includes a complete live performance of Harvest Moon before the studio album was released, grabbed the top spot at Wax Trax this week, while Mars Volta's Omar Rodriguez-Lopez claimed the second slot with his latest effort, Xenophanes. Tom Waits, meanwhile, checked in at number three with Glitter & Doom Live, Sonic Youth's Silver Sessions took the fourth spot and Pelican's What We All Come To Need rounded out the top five. See the full breakdown after the jump.
Top Sellers 12.06.2009
1. Neil Young - Dreamin' Man Live '92
2. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Xenophanes
3. Tom Waits - Glitter & Doom Live
4. Sonic Youth - Silver Sessions
5. Pelican - What We All Come To Need
6. Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young
7. Ol' Dirty Bastard - Message To The Other Side Part 1
8. Echo & the Bunnymen - The Fountain
9. Gogol Bordello - Live From Axis Mundi
10. Jesu - Opiate Sun
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.