World Cup soccer is a little different from your kid's rec league team. Here are a few of the things soccer moms (and dads) need to know.
10) Team moms not responsible for halftime snacks
9) Coach may not tie players' shoes on the field
8) Goalie stays in for the entire game
7) Refs actually call handballs
6) No pennys
5) No victory bridge after the game
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4) Injured players can't sit in mommy's lap
3) Awkward player doesn't get extra "attaboys!"
2) Beach chairs not allowed
1) Losers don't get trophies