The Great American Beer Fest is always a hairy experience. Last year we noted a curious trend: The suds extravaganza wasn't just full of beer, it was full of beards, and many kinds of beards at that. So this year we were on the lookout for impressive whiskers -- and their wearers. Here are the ten beard types we spotted at the Great American Beer (Beard?) Festival.
10) The Avett. This beard apparently takes inspiration from the Americana family band that joined casual, woodsy whiskers with devil-may-care long locks.
9) The Saint Nick. This jolly beard always lights up the room with its white, fluffy luster, bringing a twinkle to the eye of all who behold it.
8) The Castle Black. A solemn beard of ice and fire, sported only by those who defend the Seven Kingdoms from the wildlings that live beyond.
7) The Sensitive Type. Don't be fooled by this burly beard -- it's mushy in the middle. Even with all that fuzz-power, its wearer likes long walks on the beach.
6) The Merlin. Sometimes, it's not the man who chooses the beard -- it's the beard that chooses the man. And that beard isn't fucking around.
5) Mr. Wisp Stuff. Mr. Wisp Stuff may have first groomed the tendrils of his beard for a Christmas party long ago -- but the respect and admiration that his new beard-do yielded would result in years of waxing and preening.
4) Alligator Alley. This beard can usually be found at home in the bayou, ready to wrangle a gator at a moment's notice.
3) The Cat Stevens. Even through a conversion and a name change, this beard still rides the peace train.
2) The Indecisive. Unable to compromise his love of beard for his love of mustache, the wearer opts for a little bit of both worlds.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1) The Dirty Santa. In contrast to the Saint Nick, this beard makes its wearer look like he would get drunk, lose his reindeer, and sleep through Christmas altogether.