Colorado will see more camping music festivals this year than ever before, and we've compiled a comprehensive and organized list so you know which ones to attend, if you can't make them all. We've even rated them based on several very important factors from location, to price, to music. Take a gander at our list, and let us know which ones you plan on attending. Maybe we'll be able to hook you up!
10. CampFest, August 31 - September 2 (Labor Day weekend) Location: Shadows Ranch - Georgetown Line-up: Orchard Lounge, DJ Bedz, Kraddy, The Malah, Technicolor Tone Factory, Eminence Ensemble, plus over fifteen more bands and DJs Price: $49-$125 Amenities: Within fifteen minutes of Shadows Ranch, guests can enjoy machine guns, wine tastings, zip line tours and guided mountain biking trips. On-site, campers can enjoy free fitness classes and the beautiful scenery. Wildard: Campfest is offering "glamping," which is basically camping for people who don't camp. For $995, you and a guest can enjoy a fenced off pre-built tent, free drinks all weekend, and food tickets from the vendors. Oh, and it's on soft grass.
9. Take it to the Bridge, July 20-22 Location: State Bridge grounds Line-up: The Motet, Black Uruhu, See-I (featuring members of Thievery Corporation), That 1 Guy, Euforquestra, Bedrockk, Dubskin, Mikey Thunder and more Price: early-bird special $50, increased to $60 Wildcard: With a stacked line-up consisting of local and national acts that range in jazz, funk, rock and hop-hip, you'll get a refreshing appreciation of music.
8. Higher Ground Music Festival, August 24-26 Location: Private lots above Central City Line-up: The Epilogues, The Knew, Bop Skizzum, Kill Paradise, The Swayback, Fierce Bad Rabbit, The Photo Atlas, Eldren, Caleb Slade, James and the Devil, Broken Tongues along with Northern Hollywood's The Royal Heist and many more. Price: Single day pass - $20, three-day concert-only pass - $55, three-day VIP concert-only - $85, three-day concert and camping pass $105, three-day concert and camping VIP pass $155 Amenities: food trucks, VIP receives t-shirt, lanyard and the opportunity to mingle with artist. Wildcard: Camping sites must be reserved prior to the event, and each camping site is a designated ten-foot square footprint. Leave no trace.
Resale Concert Tickets
Wage War, Like Moths to Flames, Polaris & Dayseeker
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 / 7:00pm @ Marquis Theater - CO 2009 Larimer Street Denver CO 802022009 Larimer Street, Denver CO 80202
Colorado Symphony Orchestra: Alexander Shelley - Dvorak's Seventh Symphony
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 / 7:30pm @ Boettcher Concert Hall 1245 Champa Street Denver CO 802041245 Champa Street, Denver CO 80204View more dates and times at this location >
7. Syntonic Music Festival, August 3-5 Location: Berthoud Line-up: ChrisB, Omega, Unlimited Aspect, The Widdler, David Starfire, Future Simple Project, Miraja, Cloud-D, Desert Dwellers and more. Price: $75, $90, $100 at the door Amenities: restrooms, and lots of forest. Wildcard: Fire dancers from Lunar Fire, sound provided by Bass Couch, and it's in the woods? Sounds like a full-moon party with heavy bass.
6. Phibstock, July 27-29 Location: Hartsel Line-up: Juno What?!, Signal Path, Zobomaze, Whiskey Tango, The Magic Beans, Human Agency, Springdale Quartet, Frogs Gone Fishin', Jet Edison, Dorian Vibe, The Olora Bros, Rastasaurus. Price: $62.50 Amenities: Discgolf course on-site. Wildcard: Only 425 tickets will be sold for this event, making it the most intimate festival in Colorado. There is a good chance you will meet the artists.
5. River Beats II, July 27-29 Location: State Bridge grounds Line-up: AnaSia, Michal Menert, Knight Riderz, Eliot Lipp, Samples, David Starfire, Fresh2Death, Salva, Sunsquabi and more. Price: advance two-day pass $50 Amenities: on-site camping and lodging, day-time activities, white water rafting and paddle boarding. Wildcard: Grassroots California will be setting up its thirty-foot geo-dome with entertainment prior to doors opening each day.
4. 40th RockyGrass Festival, July 27-29 Location: Planet Bluegrass Ranch - Lyons Line-up: Trampled By Turtles, Punch Brothers, The Infamous Stringdusters, Bela Fleck, Emmit-Nershi Band, Seldom Scene and many more. Price:This festival sold-out in February, but tickets ranged from $55 to $135 Amenities: Tent camping available on both the North and South side of the festival, with car camping possible on the south side. Wildcard: You can buy tubes to raft the river. Seriously, that's awesome.
3. Yarmony Grass, August 2-5 Location: Rancho Del Rio and State Bridge Line-up: Railroad Earth (two sets), Nershi Joint Set, Elephant Revival, Honkytonk Home Slice, Poor Man's Whiskey, Olora Bros, Bonfire Dub and Friends and many more. Price: four-day pass $169-$189, three-day pass $149-$179, parking $40-$60 Amenities: restrooms on-site, swimming in the Colorado River, medical tent. Wildcard: 24/7 shuttle between State Bridge and Rancho Del Rio, Enhanced experience upgrade offering happy hour with snacks and drinks, potential yurt/tent/teepee sleeping arrangements... if you want to do that.
2. Find Your Way, August 17-19 Location: State Bridge grounds Line-up: Brother Ali, Hieroglyphics, Grieves and Budo, The Wailers w/ March Fourth Marching Band, The ReMINDers, MTHDS, Whiskey Blanket, Tatanka, Drop Switch, Human Agency, Raw Russ, Microphone Militants and Abstract Collective. Price: $55-$85 Amenities: Wildcard: A festival at State Bridge not primarily comprised of bluegrass? This is going to be the best hip-hop throw-down over three days that State Bridge has ever seen, possibly any three-day festival in Colorado.
1. The Ride Festival, August, 25-26 Location: Telluride Line-up:Big Head Todd & The Monsters, Ben Harper, Los Lobos, JJ Grey & Mofro, The Lumineers, North Mississippi Allstars, The Wood Brothers, James McMurtry, David Lindley, Nathaniel Rateliff, Matthew Curry & The Fury and Jeffrey Foucault and more. Price: three-night camping pass - $35 (add $50 for car camping pass), GA two-day festival pass - $87.50, VIP two-day festival pass - $187.50 Amenities: Gates open at noon each day with music running until 11pm. That's awesome for families and children. Wildcard:You're in Telluride; it's the most beautiful place for a festival in Colorado, and certainly the most excluded. Get free, and run wild.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!