We're sure you've heard by now that Beavis & Butt-head, the staple of '90s-era MTV, is returning in a new series to help break up the monotony of the reality-show programming choices on the network. While MTV hasn't yet officially confirmed what the NY Post reported two months ago, the network also hasn't denied it -- and that's nearly as good as an official announcement.
As fans of the moronic lampooning of equally moronic pop stars that was B&B's bread and butter, we couldn't be happier about its imminent return. In fact, while we've been waiting around for an official announcement, we've come up with a list of the top five acts we hope to see skewered by everyone's favorite mouth-breathing morons at their earliest opportunity. Our list awaits you...
5) Animal Collective Watch a few minutes of that embedded video and then take a guess at what the boys might make out of it. Yeah, that's fertile ground there -- plus we'd give decent odds that it incites a seizure in Beavis, and that's always a good time. We doubt the idiot twins will come up with anything quite as insightful as our own Thorin Klosowski's contention that Animal Collective is just two Beach Boys records playing at the same time, but they'll certainly manage a few zingers of their own.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4) John Mayer Someone needs to take this doughy-faced jackass to task for lyrics like "One pair of candy lips and your bubblegum tongue" and for still getting the girl despite being a doughy-faced jackass, and we can't think of any better commentators to do it than two half-retarded junior-high metal fans. Let 'im have it, Butt-head!
3) Kanye West Seriously, the world has never needed the input of Beavis and Butt-head more than it did when Kanye pulled his infamous "Taylor Swift boating" at the VMAs. Luckily, it can't be long before he pulls his next moronic stunt, and this time, with luck, Beavis and Butt-head will be there to offer their own insightful commentary. Dumbass.
2) Katy Perry What would Beavis have to say about that video? Would Butt-head approve of Snoop Dogg appearing in this piece of crap? And would they finally be the ones to point out that Perry's appeal is solely based on the fact that she looks and acts like a porn-star version of Zooey Deschanel and sings songs that play up that fact?
1) Lady Gaga Come on, was there any chance she wouldn't be number one? Yeah, we're curious to see what kind of zingers they can come up with, but we'd also like to know if she can win the doofsome twosome over with her blend of insane videos, catchy tunes and undeniable sex appeal the way she has us. Plus, what would Beavis say about Gaga's meat dress?