Governor John Hickenlooper celebrated his re-election earlier this week with a formal inauguration ceremony followed by a dinner at the Fillmore Auditorium and a concert at the Ogden Theatre.
We'll have much more on the latter in next week's issue of Westword. It was an improbable arrangement of some of the state's most well-known musicians playing a relatively small venue, and it was a testament to the sincerity of Hickenlooper's enthusiasm for music. For now, relive some of the night's highlights through the lens of photographer Scott Lentz (you can view the full slideshow here).
• BACKBEAT'S GREATEST HITS •
- 50 Photos That Prove Red Rocks Is the Most Beautiful Venue on the Planet
- Photos: Musicians Buying (Legal) Weed in Denver
- The Ten Most Underrated Guitarists in the History of Rock
- 50 Ways to Support Your DIY Music Community
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.