The Mile High Music fest drew a lot of interest from local music fans in '08. This blog churned out more than 1,400 posts in 2008, about life, death, plastic surgery, and even some music. Here, in case you just joined us or are really taking stock of your year, a quick-clicking guide to the ten most popular blogs of the year. Stay tuned in '09 for even more reviews, previews, insight, and inanity.
1. AEG's Mile High Music and Arts Festival It was all a dream ...
2. Amy Fisher, RIP A music-scene staple ducks out far too early.
3. Q&A with Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig So, Ezra, what kind of name is that?
4. Tickle Me Pink's bassist, Johnny Schou, found dead Before the show went on, fans stopped to reflect.
5. Q&A With Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta Hey, man, at least your name's not Ezra.
6. Rock of Love's Daisy and Her Long History with Poison A local gal makes good (?).
8. Q&A With Matt Tuck of Bullet For My Valentine AKA, the dude who shit-talked GNR. Or did he?
9. Last Night ... R.E.M., the National and Modest Mouse @ Red Rocks How else would you know Michael Stipe recommends licorice to help with laryngitis?
10. Mile High Music Fest Live Blog, Day Two It all comes full circle.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.