Hours after dissing Twitter in a freestyle at Facebook HQ, Kanye West became a part of the Twitterverse, joining ranks of millions of other users of the micro-blogging service. Since then, he's already produced nearly a hundred tweets, ranging from the inane to, well, the really inane. He's already gotten the hang of hashtags, and any day now, he'll figure out tinyurl, we suspect. To save you from having to sort though all his tweets thus far, we've collected ten of our favorites after the jump.
10. People get a lot of leeway on Twitter as far as spelling is concerned because you just need to get the words out quickly -- don't sweat it, Kanye.
we gone be at 100,000 before I hop on this jet I ain't go lie, it's a baby jet not like the one on entourage
09. Check that, it's over 200,000 followers now. Following: 0. C'mon, man!
yeah.... we getting about 80 FOLLOWERS A SECOND no exaggeration!!!
08. Apparently Kanye West had no idea he was a huge hit -- but who the hell is this "we" he's talking about here? The royal we?
07. Prior to this tweet was one about getting a picture of a small-ass jet. We'll admit this is pretty funny.
cool ain't cool no more,it's a new day education is the new motivation truth taste and beauty let's raise our children better than us
06. Wait -- did Kanye's Twitter account get hacked by some sort of mutant-motivational-speaker bot? What the hell?
Leonard Bernstein is the shit!!! Hit flute player is snapping write now!!! Are those Christmas bells?
05. This one comes right after "Classical music is the shit yo." No one anywhere in the universe has ever expected the sentence: "Leonard Bernstein is the shit!!!" to ever be on the internet.
At the Edit of Power
04. We've been staring at this one for hours and cannot understand what the hell it means. What does it mean, Kanye?!
banks take 10 precent and kill you
03. This is sandwiched between some other hot tips like, "CASH IS KING" and "but keep good credit." We're guessing Kanye suddenly noticed Twitter is used by a bunch of weird-SEO-bankers -- either that or his agent's name is Banks.
I need this horse... Kings need horses http://twitpic.com/29suqi
02. He also needs a pack of pixies and dragons to go along with it.
Suits is an expensive addiction
01. You heard it here first folks -- Kanye might be richer than God, but he still thinks suits is an expensive addiction.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.