Radio 1190's The Local Shakedown, Vol. 3, a two-CD collection of 41 Colorado bands released last week, topped the charts at Wax Trax, for the week ending October 18. Coming in second was Run Rabbit Run, in which New York-based string quartet Osso reinterprets Sufan Stevens' 2001 album Enjoy Your Rabbit. The Flaming Lips grabbed the third spot with Embryronic, Nick Cave & Warren Ellis' White Lunar, a collection of the duo's film music, came in fourth, while Karen O's soundtrack to the Where the Wild Things Are rounded out the top five. See the full breakdown after the jump.
Top Sellers 10.18.2009
1. Various Artists - The Local Shakedown, Vol. 3
2. Sufjan Stevens/Osso - Run Rabbit Run
3. Flaming Lips - Embryonic
4. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - White Lunar
5. Karen O & the Kids - Where the Wild Things Are
6. Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
7. Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions - Through the Devil Softly
8. Eagle Twin - The Unkindness of Crows
9. The Mountain Goats - The Life of the World to Come
10. Various Artists - Local Anesthetic
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.