Update (4/25/12): Congrats to Alexis Puttmann, winner of round one! The challenge questions for round two are below!
Welcome to round one of this year's VIP upgrade contest Westword Music Showcase -- June 23 in the Golden Triangle -- in which we'll give two people VIP upgrades (totaling $150) for the festival. Read on to find out how to play.
This Week's Challenge:
1. Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears are the latest addition to this year's Showcase. Who produced the band's first album?
2. The tyke in this photo is wearing an S.O.A. t-shirt. What is the name of band the singer of S.O.A. went on to join next?
3. In what year did Macklemore begin collaborating with Ryan Lewis? (The two play the main stage this year.)
How to Enter: Send your answers to email@example.com with "UPGRADE ME!" as the subject. We'll pick from random one of the correct answers.
Some Rules: ** If you are the winner, you ticket will be upgraded to VIP and we'll set you up with another VIP ticket for a friend, giving you both a chance to receive the VIP treatment -- complimentary catering, seating and shade, plus two beers or cocktails, complimentary water, access to VIP restrooms and a commemorative festival laminate.
• To enter, you must purchase a regular general admission ticket. The difference between VIP and General Admission is about $75 day-of-concert, so the prize is valued at $150.
• Winner schedule: • Round one on April 25 • Round two on April 30 • Round three on May 7 • Round four on May 14 • Round five on May 21 • Round five on May 28 • Round six on June 4 • Round seven on June 11 • Round eight on June 18
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.