We call these Monday-morning roundups TWIB Notes. As in, The Weekend in Beer:
• It started Friday with Opening Day festivities, which Aaron Thackeray captured.
• It continued Friday night when the Swedes of Miike Show rocked the Ogden -- and then after the party made their way to Lipgloss for the after-party, because everyone knows that after the party is the after-party. No word on whether they then retreated to a hotel lobby.
Want more? We've got more bullets below:
• Down the street from Miike Snow on Friday, The Big Pink and A Place to Bury Strangers buried the Bluebird in rock.
• On Saturday, the festivities moved to the Aztlan, for the Dirty Bass Machine party (NSFW).
• Meanwhile, Vain gallery opened with Neil Tompkins' "Life on the Run" -- and lots of Pabst.
And all weekend long, Fort Collins celebrated northern Colorado music at FoCoMX.
What did we miss this weekend?
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.