Donald Trump's pick for Secretary of Interior – a position that hugely impacts the West, especially – is just one of a few stories we've followed lately about different environmental issues that are heating up as of late, from the I-70 expansion to Rocky Flats.
1. Video: Opponents of Stormwater Project, I-70 Expansion Find Common Ground
2. Trump’s Choice for Interior: What Will It Mean for Colorado?
3. Interior Secretary Nixes Drilling Leases on Roan Plateau, Thompson Divide
4. Rocky Flats Legacy Lives on With Studies of Area Health Problems, Property Values
5. Will Drainage Project That Runs Through Superfund Site Pollute the Platte?
Find more environmental coverage on our Environment topic page.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.