The Broncos head to Oakland tonight to open their 2008 season against the Raiders -- which means some number of Broncos fans are leaving for the Bay Area as we speak to root on their team.
In their honor, we present five of our favorite videos of Raiders fans in action, and salute those Broncos fans for their Mount Davis-sized cojones. Here's hoping these die-hard Broncos fans don't become died-in-section-337 Broncos fans. -- Joe Tone
5. Tailgating, Raider-style Nothing gets you pumped up for another loss like a little pre-game moshing.
4. Hey! Nice jersey! And by "nice jersey," I mean "I'm going to beat your ass now."
3. Mount Daivs Where the blood-curdling screams have nothing to do with a JaMarcus Russell touchdown.
2. On the Concrete Tundra ... If only NFL Films could narrate this stuff.
1. Raiders Football It's stab-tastic!
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.