Happy Colorado Day! On August 1, 1876, Colorado became the 38th state of the union. In honor of the occasion, there will be celebrations across Colorado today — including a free day at History Colorado
featuring performing pigs as well as a ceremony at the State Capitol
complete with a demonstration of square dancing, Colorado's official dance
To observe this august day, we're regifting John Hickenlooper's bucket list, with fifteen Colorado activities that he first packaged up for us four years ago. They all still sound mighty tempting.
Governor John Hickenlooper's Bucket List
15. Gorge on corn at the Olathe Sweet Corn Festival.
14. Ride the historic Kit Carson County Carousel in Burlington.
13. Try a pint at a brewery in Fort Collins, Durango, Denver, Colorado Springs and everywhere in between.
12. Enjoy a summer show at the Creede Repertory Theatre.
11. Meditate at Naropa University in Boulder.
10. Hike to Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon.
9. Eat a peach (or a pie) at the Palisade Peach Festival.
8. Celebrate the banjo — and other fine instruments — at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.
Keep reading for seven more items on Hickenlooper's bucket list.