Facebook's recent update was designed to prioritize posts from friends and family and scale back those from websites and professional pages in your News Feed. On January 29, though, Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook would like to prioritize local news. And that means us.
If you like Westword's Facebook page and want our independent local journalism to stay on your News Feed, take these easy steps:
1. Go to Westword's Facebook page.
2. To the right of the “Like” button, find the word “Follow” or “Following.” (If you see “Follow,” click that once before continuing; it will change to “Following.”)
3. Click "Following" and select "See First."
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Select the menu item with three lines.
3. Scroll all the way down to "Settings."
4. Click "Settings," then click "News Feed Preferences."
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
5. Select "Prioritize who to see first."
6. Find Westword and tap the logo. Once you do this, a blue star will appear on the logo.
7. Click "Done."