Facebook's recent update was designed to prioritize posts from friends and family and scale back those from websites and professional pages in your News Feed. On January 29, though, Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook would like to prioritize local news. And that means us.
If you like Westword's Facebook page and want our independent local journalism to stay on your News Feed, take these easy steps:
1. Go to Westword's Facebook page.
2. To the right of the “Like” button, find the word “Follow” or “Following.” (If you see “Follow,” click that once before continuing; it will change to “Following.”)
3. Click "Following" and select "See First."
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Select the menu item with three lines.
3. Scroll all the way down to "Settings."
4. Click "Settings," then click "News Feed Preferences."
5. Select "Prioritize who to see first."
6. Find Westword and tap the logo. Once you do this, a blue star will appear on the logo.
7. Click "Done."
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.