It was a busy weekend in Denver. Some highlights:
• Lipgloss, a Friday-night party at La Rumba, was even crunkier than usual.
• Suite 200 hosted what they called a "Model Night," apparently giving our photographer cart blanche to ignore every Y chromosome in the room.
• Git Some got some at 3 Kings.
• Snake Rattle Rattle Snake rattled the rafters of the hi-Dive.
• Mustangs & Madras played a farewell show at 3 Kings Tavern.
• And, for the outdoors-y types, our photographer snapped a great photo of a hellish Vail lift line on Sunday.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.