For reasons that remain unclear, I worked this morning with Fox 31 morning show playing silently on the nearby TV. Just so you don't worry that you missed something while driving to work, here are some of the stories I caught:
- An update on the Michael Jackson death investigation with a TMZ correspondent. As far as I could tell, he's still dead.
- The story of an 11-year-old Guitar Hero expert.
- A story about a deadly car crash ... in New York.
- The curious case of the Boulder bear break-ins.
- A speed boat flipping over and crashing in ... some lake that's not in Colorado.
- A 14-foot Burmese Python, on the loose ... in Florida.
- A lady in what appeared to be a sour-cream face mask being hugged, or possibly attacked, by a lady who looked exactly like Bonnie Hunt.
Again, just in case you thought you missed something.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.