If that price tag is a little too rich for your blood, we've got an alternative — the gorgeous, Aspen-area Capitol Creek Ranch, which can be yours for just $17 million.
We say "just" because, according to the Aspen Times, the 1,328 acre spread (with five lots large enough for 5,000-square-feet single-family homes) was priced at $41 million when it first went on the market back in 2012.
No denying the property, represented by Mirr Ranch Group, represents an absolutely breathtaking chunk of Colorado.
Continue to see a sampling of photos from Capitol Creek, interspersed with descriptions from the original listing, which you can see by clicking here.
At 1,328 acres, the historic Capitol Creek Ranch is one of the largest contiguous tracts of deeded ground in Pitkin County, Colorado.
This end-of-the-road ranch is adjacent to the Snowmass/Maroon Bells Wilderness, and set against the backdrop of the dramatic snow-capped West Elk Range and Haystack Mountain.
The property is protected in perpetuity by a conservation easement allowing five building envelopes of up to 5,000 square feet each. Capitol Creek meanders through over three miles of the ranch.
Characterized by irrigated meadows and gently sloping aspen hillsides, the property is stunningly scenic, and offers multiple opportunities for year-round recreational activities such as snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, fishing, hiking, hunting and horseback riding.
Capitol Creek Ranch offers the ultimate private mountain solitude within 30 minutes of Aspen.
• Only 30 minutes from Aspen, yet end-of-the-road, quiet, and very private.
• Adjacent to Snowmass/Maroon Bells Wilderness.
• Conservation easement on the property allows for five building envelopes of up to 5000 square feet each.
• An additional 160+/- acres, adjacent to and contiguous with the subject property, may be purchased at a price to be determined. This 160+/- acres contains two additional 5,000 square foot (residential floor area) residence building envelopes.
• Capitol Creek, with excellent small-stream fishing, flows through over three miles of the ranch.
• Property contains a mix of irrigated meadows, aspens, oak brush and dark timber.
• Excellent deer and elk hunting.
• Fabulous unencumbered views of the West Elk Range, from Haystack Mountain to Mt. Sopris.
• Improvements include two homes and several outbuildings.
• Ideal equestrian property with hundreds of miles of wilderness trails immediately adjacent to the ranch.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.