Below is my top ten pot-toy wish list for Santa this year. All photos by Aaron Thackeray.
10. Mini Bubbler pipe Instead of a boring deck or cards or pack of gum, this it would make a great stocking stuffer (especially if it was stuffed with herb). Okay, this isn't really anything that special, but who doesn't like a miniature water pipe?
9. DoobToobs Another stocking stuffer item, these simple little plastic containers have Colorado Amendment 20 on them and they keep your joints from ending up looking like old toothpick wrappers in your jacket pocket.
8. Essential VAAAP Pipe "It's not a crack pipe," is what the rep told our photographer and non-puffer Aaron Thackeray after Thackeray commented on the way the pipe works (to be real, lighting a glass vial to skin-scalding temperatures unfortunately carries that connotation). But freebasing jokes aside, this is one serious pipe for hash and oil smokers -- they even had one painted like Van Halen's Frankenstein.
7. Hemp-wick Plastic lighters are, like, not green, brah. But really, wrapping some of this around your lighter during those monster bowl sessions might save a few lighters from ending up in a landfill and less butane means that Dancer, Prancer, Donner and Blitzen won't be choking on as much air pollution.
6. Bubble Bags icewater hash making screens I've seen trim selling on eBay lately and have been thinking more and more about making my own hash to have around the house. This also means having hash for baking, which means Santa could get ganja cookies next year.
5. Bamboo Bong from BooTube I know, I know... glass is best. But there's something really cool about glass-on-glass bowls and stems with all natural Hawaiian bamboo that would go great in my collection. The rep told me that hot water cleans it out well enough, and if it gets too dirty I could always go cut another one down at the Botanic Gardens.
4. Glass football bong Santa, if you can't bring the Broncos a functional football team or a good head coach or even a win for Tim Tebow this year -- you could at least appease this Denver football fan with one of these bad boys.
3. Spinning grow light I don't even grow herb, but this thing was such overkill for those techy-nerd growers out there that it had to be included.
2. 60-joint rolling machine from Cones Would I ever roll 60 at once? probably not. But I'd like to know that I could if I needed to. Please Santa... bring me one of these and a box of 800 pre-rolled papers. (If you are feeling really generous, you can bring me their $10,000 motorized 108-joint roller)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. Growbot portable grow setup Like I said, I don't grow -- but with one of these, all of that would change. Remember that year you didn't bring me a pony? You owe me, big guy. Also, if you could leave a few elves behind to do my watering and trim work, that would rock.
Our pot critic William Breathes tells which dispensaries are naughty and which ones are nice each week in our Mile Highs and Lows blog.
More from our Marijuana archive: "Marijuana USA: Does program mean CNBC stands for Cannabis News & Business Channel?"