has been open 24/7 for over two decades in its current location on Colfax-- but last night, the place was dark. Early Sunday morning, a fire broke out in the restaurant, damaging the kitchen and the roof and sending two firefighters to the hospital with minor injuries.See also:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
A sign on the door notes that the restaurant, which owner George Skordos, opened in 1991, will be closed for now. Although the damage didn't look too extensive based on a peek through the windows this morning, scorched areas could be seen above the stoves and the evacuation must have been sudden: food still sat on the tables and counter top this morning at 7 a.m., like a diner frozen in time.